Neurology Community
Burning Skin/Feet
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning Skin/Feet

Several years ago my toes became sensitive to the sheet/covers. Now my feet burn most of the day but particularly at night.  It is now in my legs and when I lie down it seems to come into my arms and sometimes slightly in my face. It seems to really fire up when I try to go to sleep.  Strangely I find that if I take a Ambiem sleeping pill that when I wake up much of the burning is gone. I also find sleeping in a recliner to be better than flat. I had MRI of back (I do have stenosis of the spine). I also injured L4-L5 but have had no surgery and my back does not bother me.  I had epidural shots and they did nothing. I have been on Neurotin(?) and it does not seem to help. I do have Type 2 diabetes, but my A1C is low (6.0-6.2) ad my blood counts rarely, if ever, go over 180 (usually between 100-150). I have been to many doctors, but no help.  The arthritis doctor did suggest that it might be micro-fiber Fibromyalgia which would require a biopsy.  Nothing has been done in that area.  I do take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, saw palmatio(?) every day. I have had trigger fingers released and both rotator cuffs repaired (Whatever this might mean.)

Any help or sugestions would be appreciated.

SteveHul