Burning Skin Sensation
I was diagnosed with GBS 2 1/2 yrs ago and have only slight neuropathy and just a foot drop but other than that i am perfectly ok. I recently had a flu shot and had not yet felt anything not normal. However i havent been taking any vitamins and i am feeling some burning sensation on my right arm. Is this normal? Or just a vitamin b complex can resolve this concern? I used to have this burning senstaion and at times vit b complex helps...
Hi, Thank you for your question. There are several types of neuropathy, but without being able to examine you in details I can not provide a precise diagnosis. Most common form is a peripheral neuropathy and occurred by deterioration in the nerve function at the limbs. It represents with symptoms of loss of sensation (or pins and needles like) in the arms, hands, legs and feet. Since there are many causes of neuropathy, hence treatment involves seeking these conditions out and correcting any underlying problem such as poor sugar control in diabetes in order to get a relief in your symptoms. Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure of neuropathy but symptomatic relief can be provided. Hope this helps.