Neurology Community
Burning/Stinging sensations - Legs to My Feet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a very healthy 41 yr old male who over that past 4 weeks has been experiencing burning/stinging sensations
in both legs, down to my ankles and feet. Recently these sensations have become noticeable in the back of my thighs to my buttocks, and slightly in the arms. When these sensations occur, the areas impacted are warmer than
other parts of the body and slightly sensitive to the touch. I think I feel it more intensely in my ankles and feet because my shoes and socks rub those areas.

I had a physical(everything, including bloodwork was fine) about a month ago  and did mention these sensations to my doctor. He prescribed some type of prescription Magnesium that could not be purchased over the counter and said that I shouldn't worry about the sensations. Well at that time, the sensations were mild, where as of just recently they are more intense. I do work out about 3- 4 times a week so I was thinking I may have damaged nerves in that area??? One thing I do know, the sensations do dissipate when I work out or perform intense exercise.

I am quite concerned because it seems to be spreading. As I described it to my Dr., it feels like something is attacking my nervous system. I am not diabetic and there is no family history of MS.
Thanks for your time and advice!!!
Avatar n tn
Did you ever find anything out about your symptoms?  I have been having similar symptoms.  I am a healthy 34 year old - work out about 3 times a week & in addition to the burning/sensitive /stinging sensation that I feel on my right arm & leg - I am having this strange sensation with my left foot - have been having dizzy spells & insomnia.  hoping maybe you have gotten some answers....
hope youa re feeling better

I was very interested in reading your post as i have a similiar situation where both my legs are stinging like crazy. Can i ask if you found a solution to this problem and wishing you a happy and enjoyable weekend.

Avatar n tn
It's a ruptured disk. I had the same problem last year. I waited to long and did some real nerve damage. Get some film, and see where it goes from there
the only time i have ever known of this feeling, might not even be believed by anyone.. i was told that this is related to religion, and is called a spirit of witchcraft attacking the nervous system..these are definetly the effects of this spirit, when a person around you is practicing witchcraft, and the person is called a witch..now it could be some other thing, but i know for sure, that these are the things that it does, once the spirit has been sent out against you. but people have also described sickness as well, as having these reactions