Burning Tongue Sensation
I'm not sure if this is a neurology question but in the past two weeks I'm experiencing a burning tongue sensation. The problem is I have NOT burnt my tongue but feels exactly as if I had. It all started with little bumps on my lips which have now gone away after using 1% hydrocortisone. But the burning mouth and tongue sensation is only getting worse. Its even difficult to brush my teeth because the toothpaste is too painful. After I eat, the tip of my tongue turns red and also around the inside of my mouth. I havent been eating new foods so I am not sure what this can be. Should I visit a dentist too? What are the possible causes? Thanks!
I am and have experienced the same burning and now slight numbness in the tip of my tongue for the past three months. The tip of my tongue is evidently red. In fact you could draw a clear line from the normal pink of the rest of my tongue yet a swab test proved nothing abnormal!!!!
Stings terribly eating anything but bland foods. Chocolate is painful and yes brushing teeth too as the toothpaste stings so badly. It is some comfort to find others with the same problem but that isn't a huge comfort when even the doctors dont know what it is!!!!!
Any doctors reading this and have ideas, that would be great.
And just for a note. My teeth are in good order as is my diet and health.