Burning after hip replacement
Topic and Title may be misleading, but it was as close as I could come.  Situation:  Broke hip 07/1998; went for repairs, and after four months was advised not healing;  Had total hip replacement 01/1999.  Since the 1998 surgery, my hip burns badly enough that I am limited in activity.  Sitting, standing, walking are almost prohibited.  Sometimes hip will burn for days, 24/7.  Other times there are respites.  Many nights, the burning lasts until 2 a.m. or even 4 a.m..  My orthopaedic hip surgeon is recommending epidurals to control the discomfort, restoring some quality of life.  I'm skeptical and almost desperate.  Will get a MRI on 11/2, results 11/6. Then decide about the epidural.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.
sounds like you have a livewire in your hip. a nerve that has been damaged. the epidural should interrupt the pain/burning signal. i think it will help, i'd do it in a heart beat
i agree with rlc3473.  i think you have a nerve that is being aggravated by the hip replacement.