Burning pain in head
I have been having a burning stabbing pain on the left top side of my head for about a week now, with no relief from anything I do (meds, sleep).  It is always there.  I am relutant to go to the doctor for I am tired (but also thankful) of hearing there is nothing wrong.  If that is the case why is it there.  Please help.

Hi there. Consult a neurologist for  detailed evaluation of these headaches. These could be secondary to stress, tension, hypertension, migraines, cluster headaches, refraction errors. If the headaches are localized, vascular headaches, aneurysms and tumor. Cervical spondylosis could cause referred headaches and sinusitis and ear infection could also give rise to referred headaches. Local pathology also needs to be checked for in the scalp.Therapy is according to the cause. Take care.