Neurology Community
Burning pain in lower, front of thigh
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning pain in lower, front of thigh

I am a 28 year old women who is generally healthy, only suffering from mild asthma. My problem is a repeated burning sensation in the front, lower section of my left thigh.  This has been happening intemittently for 6 months. I am quite an active person who is not overweight. I do not drink coffee or tea and dont often consume alcohol. Please could someone adivse of a possible cause.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
How are you? Does the pain appear or worsens after walking or standing? Does the  skin often sensitive to touch? Meralgia paresthetica is a disorder characterized by tingling, numbness, and burning pain in the outer side of the thigh. This is due to the compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve as it exits the pelvis.Treatment is symptomatic and supportive and usually involves wearing looser clothing, weight reduction, and avoiding prolonged standing or walking. If this persists, it would be good to see a neurologist to evaluate this nerve and other leg nerves that could also be involved. (http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/meralgia_paresthetica/meralgia_paresthetica.htm)

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
I found your comment helpful, I have a similar sensation now and again, and although i don't find it too troublesome, from what you say it could be related to stress fractures i had in my pelvis a 6 years ago.  Thank you  
Sadie
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank