Neurology Community
Burning sensation and pins and needles

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Burning sensation and pins and needles

Last January, January 2007, I started getting pins and needles sensations in my hands and feet. I was also incredibly tired. It was around the time of my mid terms in my final year at uni, just before I was to begin writing my dissertation, and whatever was happening to me, I found it incredibly hard some days to get out of bed I was that tired. The pins and needles lasted for a while, so I went to the doctor. She was new and quite young; she made me take a blood test and found everything was ok except I had slight, and she emphasised the slight, hypothyroidism. I went back to uni and just tried to deal with the problem, but then I got pins and needles in my lower back and tummy area. I went back to see a different doctor and she suggested i have an MRI scan. I did, and the consultant found that there was some slight swelling in the nerves in my neck which, he said, was probably a virus and that its was PROBABLY the cause of everything and that there was nothing more I could do. After a while my symptoms stopped, then in September I got a burning sensation in my thighs which lasted a couple of weeks - it's horrible when your clothes brush against you. Since then i have often woken up with major pins and needles in my hands. I've also had a couple of bouts of  the consistant pins and needle sensations in my hands and feet and in the last week i've developed a terrible burning sensation across my lower back going in a circle around my hips and have begun to feel just as tired as i did last year. I'm depserately searching for answers - is it just a virus or something more?

This discussion is related to Burning skin sensation....
well im not a doctor, nor do I know what is wrong with me...but maybe i can help a little..  

I have had the same problem in my back..except  im showing the symptoms of a pinched nerve..

the first year it was my back
next year my fingers got numb the sharp pain in my hand to shoulder
next year my left leg had sharp pains and numbness..even loss of some feeling
sharp pains in the top of my hand but sometimes the whole hand even numbness and tingling
next year it went to my right leg
between shoulder blades
now my hands are shaking
my feet are burning

I have went to 4 doctors, 3 orthepedists, 1 neurologist and all they tell me is that nothing is wrong with me..
i have had this for 4yrs..  
I have researched on pinched nerves and it says that if not taken care of it can turn into neuropathy which you dont want...my hubby has it and he is disabled..  
so if i find anything out ill letyou know
im only 24 so...i know what you are going through..

take care
The newest edition: I had a lovely bout of vertigo this morning. Not sure if it's anything to do with everything else. It's not the first time this has happened to me either.
elle

i seem to have alot of your symtoms (symptoms)

did you ever find out what was wrong

I been having the same syntoms, the needle pain sensation in my upper back, and in the back of my neck, i feel very tired most of the time and for no reason. Did you found something related to? I havent visit the doctor.
Thank you

Vere.