Neurology Community
Burning sensation of both palms and soles of feet?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have a burning tingling sensation in both soles of my feet and palms of my hands. No visible signs of problems and although hands are normal temp. to touch this is a change as I usually had cold hands and feet. My Dr, has run a huge assortment of lab test to rule out all the various causes and everything came back within normal limits. I have been referred to a neurologist but my apt. is scheduled end of Oct. (made in July) It bothers me all the time and makes sleeping hard and standing on my feet in shoes is uncomfortable. I am trying to ignore it and am taking no regular medications for any problems. I am very healthy and active. Anyone have any idea what might be going on? Should I try and get in to the Dr. sooner as I think they will do electrical conduction studies ?  i appreciate any help.
Hello dancingmaid,

What has been your age? Do you suffer from diabetics? If yes, when was the last blood sugar recorded? How much has it been. I suggest you to take a fasting and a post prandial blood sugar assessment. You can take gabapentin, lyrica etc for the management of the burning sensation which would take care of the neuropathic symptoms.

Best
Thank you for responding. I am not a diabetic and all my lab test to rule out all causes of neuropathy came back normal. I don't remember all the testbut I'm not anemic, diabetic, no lead poisening, no arthritis marks, etc. It has her stumped as it is both hands and feet so she has also ruled out impingment of nerves in my neck and back. I tried a brief 5 day trial of Lyrica and did not like the side effects and it did not affect the burning sensation so I stopped taking it. I'm not going to take any medication for the pain unless it is severely affects my sleeping or activities..
Go to the web and look up Erythromelalgia, join the yahoo group.Read backwards in the group. Lot of info there from folks who have it. it is a rare disease. Please doctors, look it up also. People need help badly. I know. I went to docs for 12 years. Nothing. I finally found it on the web in 2005. There is a lot more info out there. Research is going on as I speak at Yale in the US.Netherlands and a few other places. Chang Ching from China found the mutated gene in 2004. He will be at Yale for 2 years. Good luck. Take the matter into your own hands.
And yes, Mine peeled like the other post in 2004. No one knew anything.
Burning sensation of both palms and soles of feet? from the time i get up

I am having buring sensation in both sole of my feet, Some time it is mild some times it is unbearable,Not able sit,walk,sleeping on bed  I undergone Treatment and test, Nervcondution test, Blood,Urine,Sugar,Thyaroid, B12, and Spinal check up
but everything is normal. Could please suggest me what could be the problem it is?
My wife and I have the same symptoms. She has had many of the same tests as you, but not for lead poisening. She is currently being treated with B vitamins (not working) and they are treating her foot (the one that is worse) as a Plantar Fasciitis. If you ask me, I think the doctors are hailing. What about the burning in the palms and that it's bilateral?

The only tests I have had are to rule out arthristis and diabetes. I have heard these symptoms can also be caused by mercury poisening AND that there was indeed mercury in the swine flu vaccine which we both received here in Sweden. Please update with any progress you make. We will too.
i have problem in my right hand which have burn in day full time. when i am in work thqat i cant remind i but when sometime i am in tension i feel strong feeling of burning in palm. can u suggest me any mdicine or guide line for my burning sensation.

from kiran
Hi ,

I recently started having the same symptoms. Burning sensation in both palms and soles!

rajesh
Halo, I read all the comments and I couldn't find a solution. I am just 18 years old girl, My Palm and my feets burns a lot.... even when I am sitting in the A.C. right now I am having hi- fever but my palms and my feets are absolutely normal and they are cold.  I am really scared.... I dont have any other problem I am active, I can stand there is no any other problem, and my ultrasound, thyroid, blood tests are nrml and B.P is also normal I am not  diabetic. I dont have sugar. Actually before few months I suffered from irreruglar period problem. any way it resolved later but I am suffering from this Burning palms and buring feets problem from last 2-3 years. I have been ignoring it. Doc told me calcium deficiency problem I took medicines but it didn't workd out. So please help.