Neurology Community
Burning sensation on the head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Burning sensation on the head

I am 33 years old healthy male.Recently I am having a mild burning sensation on the left side  back of the head.Sometimes there is a pain on the top of the head.The pain is not so severe.I could see this sensation starts after noon or sometimes in the evening.The left side nose seems slightly blocked and left side ear a bit fluidy.I recently took MRI for the whole spine and found no problem.

Can you please advice what it could be or should I go to a doctor.

Avatar dr m tn
Hello.

The blocked nose hints towards a possible sinusitis on the left. However, usually, the burning sensation and pain associated with sinusitis is in the forehead (frontal) area. But the pain does migrate to other areas.

Fluid in the ear suggests an infection. It is usually associated with sinusitis.

Please consult an ENT surgeon to get a thorough examination of your sinuses and the ear.

Regards