Neurology Community
Burning sensation upper arms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Burning sensation upper arms

For about tens months now I've had this werid burning sensation, from the midsection(chest area) to the elbows. Most of the time, it only occurs in the inside upper arms(both arms). It comes and goes, some days I don't have it at all, and rarely at night while sleeping. Generally speaking I have it every day, although, not all day. I did an EKG, X-ray, Even a stress test and an endoscopy. It was confirmed that I have acid reflux, but the burning sensation is still there. Diet doesn't seem to effect it either way, although at one point, priolsec seemed to make it go away, but it is not conclusive. I'm a male in his early 50s, and I'm generally in good health. I do have asthma, and taking advair- but really don't have any breathing problems to speak of. The question is, what could this burning sensation in the upper arms be?If feels like it is a 1/4 inch below the skin on the inside of the arms from the armpit to the elbow. Other symptoms I've had, headaches, and maybe once a month a sharp pain in one eye-which doesn't last long. But those could not be related at all.