Buzzing in my thigh?
Just noticed this last week, a buzzing in my right thigh, very similar to the buzz of a cell phone.
I keep thinking i got a call or text but reach for my phone and its not in that pocket. It's not constant, happens when sitting or standing.
I do have a bruise on my thigh, dont remember how i got it.
I visited my doc on Monday, for something else, my leg wasnt buzzing then, i didnt mention it, maybe i should have.. anyone know what it could be?? it's driving me mad!
thanks.
hi i usually post on the ms site , i had this buzzing in my knee yesterday like a vibration buzzing feeling, seem to think it isto do with with temperature changes hot baths exposure to cold weather (nerve damage)mine lasted about 4 hours. Do you have any other symptoms?? i am awaiting diagnosis as i have other symptoms to. take care kind regards angie
Please consult an neurophysician to rule out nerve injuries.Have you sprained your muscles or is a spasm?Consult your ortho also. Since it has a short duration of history it would NOT be anything serious,just a muscle rub probably,but to know the diagnosis and rule out neuro problems I suggested to meet the neuro.Dont panic.Do a blood work.How old are you?Old enough for diabetes to set in?Check for that too.
Goodluck.
Is the buzzing felt on the area where the bruise is located? Any other bruises on different parts of the body? Is there any activity that triggers the buzzing feeling? Any weakness in the right thigh?

The buzzing feeling, by itself, is non-specific.  I would be more concerned about the bruise if more would come out even without any apparent trauma or injury. If the buzzing persists, or should more bruises appear, you should consult your physician regarding this.
No other symptoms, no numbness, no pins & needles, just buzzing, like a cell phone..

Haven't sprained muscles, the muscle isn't in spasm either. I noticed it buzzes more when I'm standing.
I got blood work a couple of months ago, Liver, Kidneys, Cholesterol, Thyroid, General bloods.. All came back ok.

I'm 27yrs old Male, with  Hypothyroidism (under control), Asthma (under control).

No, the buzzing is just up from the bruise. The bruise isnt all that clear, not very dark (i have hairy legs) ; )

I cant go back to the doc so soon, i'm going to give it a couple of weeks, and if it still buzzes, i think i will go.
Thanks.
Did you come up with an answer to your buzz. I too get that buzz, not all the time, it comes and goes. I would be kind to hear what happen with yours
Did you figure out what the buzzing in your thigh is about? I just had it start happening this week. Thought it was my cell on vibrate. Very strange.

Please let me know what you found out....
I have had this intermittently for almost 2 years. I feel it primarily in the left foot, now in the big toe. I have consulted with my GP and 2 neurologists who have not provided an explanation for it beyond its technical term 'paresthesia'. I have 2 other symptoms that occurred contemporaneously, namely nystagmus and ataxia. My brain MRI was normal, showing no lesions indicating possible MS. I have not yet had a spinal MRI but I plan on getting this done to see if there is some spinal involvement. Hopefully we can collectively come up with some answer as to why this occurs.
Hi. I had this problem last yr, and, now back again.I was told it was pressure from the sciatic nerve. It seems I had a problem with my lower back but never had any complaint from there. After  7 (expensive) sessions with a physiotherapst i was fine. All symptoms gone. But It has come back... Check out your back. Best of luck! cath278
Thanks...I have suspected that it could be related to back problems (at least the ataxia),  But I I am not so sure in nystagmus is a symptom of that. I think I want to get the spinal MRI. What imaging studies were done to confirm your sciatic nerve problem?
all muscles have a lot of electrical activity.i went with  a relative to see a doctor. the leg muscle was "stuck" with a metal device and it recorded the muscles electrical activity. we can't hear it, but all muscles make a high frequency squelching sound, there is so much electrical activity some electrical activity/sensation (for us), is bound to leak off into the surface of a muscle, the path of least resistance could also be a thigh muscle. any type of stimulant (caffeine; coffee,tea,cola,etc.) could exasserbate the electrical activity.
I have the same thing going on here the last week. Constant buzz like a cell phone set to vibration in my left thigh. Makes me check for my phone.

I have pinched some nerves in the past and have some lower back damage from working in front of a computer. I suspect it may be a warning sign from lots of driving lately.

I went to doctors and they basically said I was crazy or depressed because I was in so much pain I couldn't walk at times. I was also doing therapy and finally went to see a neurology person who didn't find a reason to do surgery or an implant after my MRI results. He actually said to me: Why are you here?

Then I went to my general practice guy and he put me on Ultram and told me to take it easy. I took up fishing which did miracles and basically saved my life. Do your best to keep those hamstrings from getting tight on you because they are definitely tied into your lower back.

For me, I know its a "fair warning" sign to WATCH MY BACK!

I am not a doctor and I know back pain isn't easy, but stay positive and keep your humor! I got tested for a pinched nerve once and this was the most barbaric custom I have EVER experienced. Try to take it easy and avoid heavy lifting. Don't sit too long or stand too long. Remember to keep those hamstrings in shape!

GOOD LUCK!
I have a pretty much the same buzzing in my upper left thigh, as i am reading these i am wandering if anyone has a answer to my question,what is the buzzing caused from? if anyone has a answer please let me know,i thought maybe i left my cell phone in my pocket to long but it wouldn't last for three day's if it was just a ghost phone in my pocket? someone give me a opinion please ,
Jaymzy D
Same problem this morning upper right thigh, it has been buzzing last night I keep thinking I put my cell phone in my pocket. Wonder if anyone ever had an answer to what causes it and how to stop it
Same problem has surfaced in the past week.  Seems like it is becoming more prevalent.  I will post basics, if anyone else wants to do the same, maybe we can narrow it down as I don't see anyone with an answer!

I am using an IPhone 3GS .  i normally keep my phone in my left pocket.  I was thinking this could be phone related, but then again, it may be some sort of involuntary muscle activity from the years of cell vibrating...but after using the phone for over 3 years, why now?  Anyone else?
I always keep my IPhone in my right front pocket and have been experiencing the same buzzing sensation off and on for the past year in my right upper thigh...same feeling like everyone else, I keep thinking I'm getting a call or message on my phone. I googled the problem today since it has been bothering me for a few days now and it brought me to this site. Amazed at how many people are getting the same sensation.

I wonder if it is related to cellphone constantly being on my leg in that same spot all the time.  
i had buzzing in my left thigh for 3 days.  it was driving me crazy ..figured i was over-doing it on the treadmill.   i tried the calcium... didn't work.
i don't use or cook with salt, but last night i added salt to my supper....and the buzzing stopped !!!  still no buzzing today!   just try salt !