C1, and possible C2, pinched nerves
I have chronic pain, neuralgia, etc., in my head (left side) from base of skull all around to upper jaw.  I have a feeling of constant drainage in my left sphenoid sinus and I can't get it to come out by blowing or by "hawking"  I also have acid reflux, difficulty swallowing, eye pain and blind spots.  Using my inversion table helps somewhat.  My doc is trying neurontin on me, I'm still in the building up to 900mg stage, with just 1 100mg pills twice a day.  Thursday, I will start 1 100mg three times per day.  Finally, next Thursday, I will start 3 100mg 3 times per day.  I hope it helps.  I am so miserable.  This has been going on 8 years, but it's been really bad in the last year.  Honestly?  If I have to live like this for the rest of my life? Let's just say I'm praying I don't.
Hi, Thank you for your question. Generally, symptoms from the neck problems due to irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because the nerves that supply the back of the head start in the upper cervical spine. These symptoms aggravate after turning head and typically occurs in patients with previous neck injuries and in patients with marked arthritis of the upper cervical spine. In addition, this pain exacerbate with prolonged sitting in a stooped posture and when working on a computers for long hours.  On the other hand, there are patients who experience similar pain with sinusitis (sinus with infected mucus) and migraine. If you suffer continuous pain at back of head, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you.