Neurology Community
C3/C4 to C6/C7 Spondylosis changes
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

C3/C4 to C6/C7 Spondylosis changes

My Name is George and  I've been working as a Computer Operator in Saudi Arabia since Dec 2009.  Naturally my work is related to sit too much time in front of computer... My problem is that I've been facing neck & back pain for the last 18 months or so especially pain when i try to turn my neck on different directions, back pain and shoulder joint pain in both hands & legs .but no numbness. Recently I had an MRI for Cervical Spine...These are the findings of MRI....

Findings:

Mild Cervical Spine Scoliosis seen with concavity to right..
Cervical lordosis is obliterated - Suggesting muscle spasm.
The Cervical vertebrae show normal alignment and marrow signal intensity pattern.

Mildline AP canal diameters measures as follows:

C2                17 mm
C2/C3           12 mm
C3                 13 mm
C3/C4           11 mm
C4                 12 mm
C4/C5            11 mm
C5                  11 mm
C5/C6             10 mm
C6                   12 mm
C6/C7             10 mm
C7                  13 mm

C3/C4 to C6/C7 Spondylosis changes seen.

Impression :

MILD CERVICAL SPINE SCOLIOSIS WITH CONCAVITY TO RIGHT
CERVICAL LORDOSIS OBLITERATION - SUGGESTING MUSCLE SPASM
C3/C4 TO C6/C7 SPONDYLOSIS CHANGES
C3/C4 AND C6/C7 DISCS SMALL POSTERO CENTRAL HERNIATIONS MILDLY COMPRESSING THECAL SAC CENTRALLY
C4/C5 DISC SMALL POSTERO CENTRAL / RIGHT PARA CENTRAL FOCAL NUCLEUS PULPOSUS EXTRUSION MODERATELY COMPRESSING RIGHT EXITING NERVE ROOT AND INDENTING VENTRAL CORD SURFACE...

I've consulted a Ortho surgeon, He told me that nothing to worry too much and he has advised me to take some of pain killers if there is pain and asked to do some neck exercise or if possible cervical traction (physiotherapy treatment)...

I just want to know how bad is my spine ? Is it curable or not ? and how serious is this in future ? What are medications should I follow ?

It would be grateful if you could advise me about the treatment through my email id ?

Thanking you sir

Regards,

George
Saudi Arabia
Blank
Hi there. You could be having central cervical spine stenosis at C3/4 and C6/7 levels since there is thecal sac compression centrally and C4/5 levels lateral right nerve root compression for right sided symptoms.The issues of concern are stenosis of the central cervical spine may result in myelopathy from cord compression.  Treatment may be conservative or surgical. Conservative options include rest, physical therapy with strengthening exercises for paraspinal musculature, bracing, use of optimal postural biomechanics, NSAIDs, analgesics, antispasmodics. Surgical decompression is indicated for people with incapacitating pain, claudication, neurological deficit or myelopathy.  Stabilization is reserved for them who have segmental instability. Your neurosurgeon is the best judge. Hope this helps. Take care.