Neurology Expert Forum
C4/C5 bulging disc after accident
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

C4/C5 bulging disc after accident

I was in a serious accident back in april where a semi truck ran over the top of my car. I have since had moderate mid to lower back pain and moderate to severe neck pain. I did suffer a head fracture and have since been diagnosed with a small bulging disc at C4/C5. My lumbar and thoracis MRI's came back negative. I have problems with my right shoulder with weakness and deltoid pain and pain along the spine of the acrominuim. I have been in physical therapy for a few weeks now with limited success. At times it makes my pain worse. They have done e-stim, hot packs, soft tissue mob, ultrasound, stretching, massage, the whole deal. I began getting severe muscle spasms and pain last week. My Dr started me on a course of toradol plus gave me parafon forte 3-4 times a day and perocet for pain. Have tried to not use the perocet. symptoms seem to be getting better but I am not sure if it is the drugs or the therapy. I still get severe neck pain in the muscles on the right side of my head and neck when it is stretched or massaged.
     I would like to know if the symptoms I am having are typical for this type of problem. What kind of precautions should I be taking so far as lifting bending etc.? Would I benefit from having a neurologist take a look at my problems? How long could it take before physical therapy shows me any results. Should it get worse before it gets better? My family Dr seems to be at her wits end.
     Thanks for any advice/ information. I feel very ignorant on this subject and have not had good luck in finding comprehensive information.