Neurology Community
CHRONIC MUSCLE SORENESS AND MUSCLE TWITCHES AND CRAMPS

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm a 41 yr. old woman, and for the last 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. i have had chronic muscle soreness in my lower legs, shoulders and upper arms. I also have ad sore stiff feeling lower back, but usually just right after i get up in the morning. Also muscle twitches all over my body, and sometimes periods of slight muscle cramps that also can happen anywhere. Around the same time i started having sleeping problems also, when i start to relax and fall asleep, my hands or arms or legs or jaw, like jerk or twitch, its really odd, i cannot control it. Sometimes it takes me an hour or two to fall asleep.I also sometimes feel anxious when this is happening. Please anyone have any ideas ?
I would really appreciate it. Thanx
Hello, Bellasong.

I'm sorry to read about the troubles you've been going through this past  two years.  I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose you.  I was just wondering if you've seen a doctor about this?  I don't think your symptoms are benign.  They sound like a hormonal imbalance or something more serious - like fibromyalgia or MS.

If you haven't seen a doctor, there's an online website that can help dianose you.  The web address is: http://www.diagnose-me.com/?page=diag&gclid=CKmNl7i--JYCFSJIagodmH0HXg  I used this site recently and was amazed at the reply from them.  When I first logged in and started the program I answered nearly 700 questions about everything.  It ws more in-depth than any doctor has been.  

I can't remember, but there were three choices of how I wanted my analysis.  One was a computer program, another choice was an MD and the thrid choice was for the computer analysis, the MD and unlimited follow-up questions.  I took the third choice and payed $77.00.  Four days later I got a 62 page report that listed many, many things.  The MD told me what he thought was wrong and gave me his advice for treatment.  The computer spit out reams of information about possible diagnosis, treatment options, recommendations for certain types of vitamins and minerals that would help my condition.  And, they don't sell any products except the diagnosis.  I wish I could send you a copy of the report.  It's amazing.  If you want, write me a message and give me your e-mail address and I'll send you the copy.

Anyway, sorry for the long mesage.  Best of luck and I hope you find the answers to your problems.

Cheers,

Curt