Neurology Community
CIDP

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

CIDP

I was diagnosed with CIDP a year ago this past December and I am about to begin my fourth IVIG treatments.  Before I was diagnosed with the disease, I was experiencing a lot of chronic major fatigue and chronic major nauseu then all the other symptoms starting to appear and it wasn't until I was unable to walk that the doctors took me seriously.  I am still experiencing the fatigue and nasua, however, both my family doctor and the neurologist I am seeing for my CIDP keep telling me the fatigue and nauseu has nothing to do with my disease and they don't seem to want to help me with it.  Both doctors blame it on my medication (gabapentin), however, as I mentioned before I was experiencing the problems before I was taking the medication.  I am also experiencing  slight weakness in my bowels (meaning I have a little ooze that comes out from time to time that I cannot control) this happens when I start to feel weaker and it seems to correct itself when I have the IVIG treatments.  This too I have been told by my doctors has nothing to do with the disease.  I am hoping to get another opinion and possibly to be directed to a physician who is an expert in my disease.  I need help!