Neurology Community
CIPA (Congenital Insensitivity to Pain with Anhidrosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ok, so please tell me in detail what CIPA  is. I understand that it is the rare disease, that causes you to be anaware of pain. but where does it all start. yes its genetic but, what cells does it attack? Or is it just a cell deficeancy? does it act like the aids viris, destroying cells and nerves that send the signals of pain to the brain?
is there just some type of break in the transfering of information to the brain?
i am extreamly interested in this disease, and have used it for many subjects in school, but i just can't seem to get the answers that i am looking for. Can you help me?
Thank You for your time.
Sincerly, Kayla Kline, Ohio