CIPA
Hello!

I was wondering if you can help me... If i was a CIPA patient and i was in a car accident, what tests would you order for me?

Looking forward for your reply!

Thanks a lot!
Hello.

Being a patient of CIPA does not make you eligible for any extra tests, as compared to a non-CIPA person.

If at all, I would like to look out for any external wounds on the skin, and take x-rays to note any fractures, as there is evidence of bone infections and osteomyelitis in CIPA.

Regards
Thank you very much for your prompt reply!
What if you suspected that a newborn had CIPA, what would you do then?
I repeat my graditude!
Hello.

Generally a newborn is not brought to the hospital because of CIPA. There can be other reasons for a hospital visit, and if the newborn is pricked with a needle for blood sample collection, it may not respond to the needle *****. This is usually how we suspect CIPA in the newborns. I would also ask the parents of the newborn if they have CIPA or anyone else in the close family has CIPA. A nerve biopsy will also help the diagnosis.

Regards