Neurology Community
CNS/serotonin syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

CNS/serotonin syndrome

Could serotonin syndrome, in any way, contribute to the chances of central nervous system problems such as leukemia?

Two months ago I had serotonin syndrome from taking an SSRI with an MAOI. The SSRI was prescribed by a psychologist and the MAOI was taken to enhance the effects of the drug Dimethyltryptamine. This undoubtedly very stupid and life threatening decision was made in ignorance of the now obvious outcome. What I am worried about now is unusual bruising and other leukemia symptoms. I am going to the doctor for blood tests soon but want to ask this first autonomously. I am 19 now and had mono when I was 15. My brother was diagnosed with large b cell CNS non-Hodgkin lymphoma when he was 20 and I have a cousin with leukemia.