CRPS/RSD
I've been dealing with Workers Comp for almost 5 yrs now. My shoulder is in constant pain, burning, freezing cold to the touch at times, swells and just aches. I've been on meds for a few yrs now. W/C sent me to a pain specialists and he wants to do a sympathetic nerve block? this sounds terrifying to me, has anyone had one, does it help, and has anyone had it go bad on them? Please let me know all information, is there another way to deal with the pain etc
Hi there!

Yes, sympathetic nerve block is an effective method of pain management and would also help improve circulation of the limb resulting in symptomatic improvement. It is commonly used for pain/ symptomatic management in CRPS. I would suggest discussing the situation, the suggested management plan and the expected prognosis in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
yes that helps, but I really wanted/needed to hear from someone who's actually been through it, I hope that makes sense.
thank you but I really am against cutting anything in my effected area, is there anything other than that or anything invasive that can help with the pain? thank you again