CSF leak cause facial swelling?
I belive I have a csf leak from my nose, my doctor is ordering a test this week to confirm, my problem is I have horrible swelling in my face it has been going on for about two months now along with this I have a lot of tingling in my face could csf be reabsorbed into my face? I have a problem with pseudotumor cerbri so is it possible my body is finding new places to put my csf?
How are you feeling now?
Cerebrospinal fluid leak may occur from the nose, from the external auditory canal, or from a traumatic or operative defect in the skull or spine. The fluid leak is a result of meningeal dural and arachnoid laceration with fistula formation. Blunt trauma is the most common cause.
The treatment of CSF leak is primarily surgical. Precise localization of the site of the CSF fistula by using CT, MRI, and cisternographic diagnostic techniques is critical before surgical intervention is done.
It is difficult to imagine that CSF is causing face swelling.
Yes, it is possible for CSF to find new ways for drainage if there is increased in Intra cranial pressure.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
I am feeling very swollen right now my face hurts very bad when I look down to eat I feel the pressure worse in my face it feels like someone is siting on my face and has me very nauseated every day. I do not have laugh lines in my face right now. this has been going on for two months and now I finally have a doctor who will listen to me.

I have tried to find info on the web about csf finding new ways to drain but have been unable. I alredy have a shunt put in my head to help with extra csf  thank you for your help
I feel for you ..
I'm going through something sort of like that. woke up one morning (yr ago) with no hearinh in left ear. thought me ear was plugged cause there was no pain (like a ear infection) Went to doctor after a week without it going away . i was put on antibiotics and drops , weeks pass nothing changes, so more meds again , after another week they finally send my for hearing test and ct scan so they can send me to a specialist.
Go and see the specialist and he says i have infection and he needs to put in ear tube. im like ok. (at this time its never hurt just pressure) so i get the tube put in then my ear starts to drain . he said it was normal it does that after tube is put in. a week passes its still draining. he says its normal.. couple mnths pass (still draining) says its normal .. get into see him and he tells me its my sinuses draining from my ear. and he cant do anything about it. and orders another hearing test. 7mnths with ear tube in and draining (clear fluid and lots of it.. when i say lots the cotton ball is soaked and needs to be changed atleast every 5mins or less.)when i dont wear the cotton ball it pours down side of face,neck.(constantly) so i go in (for my last appint with him) he ***** out some of the fluid and shows me saying : see its clear no infection, your fine.  (ohh btw since the ear tube i had complained about massive headaches the kind where you hold your head and just cry cause it hurts so bad. so we asked what now? its been a full yr i still cant hear , my ear drains and my head hurts. and he was like well i dont know what else there is too do .. did you ever have a ct scan? umm yah before i saw you a yr ago .. you've only had it in my file for a yr.. he looked at the scan and said hmmm hmmm well i dont know .. guess i will have to send you to someone else for a second opinion.. so couple mnths pass and i get in to see the new specialist .. and  found exactly whats wrong with me.. its like SERIOUSLY?  the fluid leaking from ear is CSF leak. apparently it all dates back to when i was little and was in a car accident.. had a fractured skull , ruptured ear drums. the scar tissue in ear caused a skin cyst to grow and grow eroding away part of the ear bone and skull. (yes hole in skull) .. on the 8th this mnth i go for a Mastoidectomy (they will try to reconstruct if they can) and a Crainotomy to repair the "hole" and yes im scared to death..