Neurology Community
CT - Head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

CT - Head

Could somebody please help me understand what this definition means and wether or not I should be concerned?  This was for a CT - Head w/o contrast due to a fall.  "Incidental note is made of a mildly prominent cisterna magna."

Hello.

Cisterna magna is a space formed by the membrane coverings of the brain. And as per this report, this space is increased mildly. This was an incidental finding. The doctors were looking for something else probably.

Did you have any symptoms for which your CT scan was done ?

Regards
In Sept. '07 I had fallen 5' onto my face/head and felt like my brain was coming out of my head.
Hello.

Yes, I remember from your earlier post.

I would like to know if you have any nausea right now ? And do you feel off balance sometimes ? The prominent cisterna magna could actually be due to collection of CSF, with some outflow obstruction.

Regards
To give a quick snapshot: I am 38, very athletic & in excellent shape. I'm never sick w/the exception of the common cold or flu.  However, since I had the accident I have never been the same person.  A little over a month ago, I had 4 bouts within 3 days, of unexpected and uncontrollable severe vomitting to where I literally couldn't breathe and had to lay on the floor to get a hold of myself and my surroundings. I chalked it up to an allergic reaction the meds the Dr. had prescribed me and returned 5 prescriptions with pills in the bottle to them.  I told them I would do without meds if this was the way I was going to feel.  FYI, I don't think any of them were narcotic, rather they were muscle relaxants, (2) anti-inflammatories and I can't remember what else.  My memory is very bad.  I can't remember important dates, events or what I did or said 2 days ago.  I get dizzy spells and am light headed almost daily.  I have become a recluse in my home and have lost interest in the activities I normally love to do.  My temper is short.  I have constant migraines.  I have fallen asleep at the wheel during the day and while talking on the phone or in person to friends, family & my Dr. I have no ambition or drive.  I can't sleep and I can't wake up to get my kids off to school.  They've been late 3 times this week already.  I am afraid that I may be alzheimers as my Grandma died of it and my Dad is showing signs of it.  I'm too young to be going through all this and I am scared.
Hello.

You are going through a lot. But let me tell you one thing. This is not the Alzheimer's dementia that you are worried about.

Presently, you are depressed. This depression is secondary to the entire trauma you are going through. Depression can greatly harm your enthusiasm and motivation.

Please think of a fresh evaluation of the MRI report. Have they commented upon the cerebellum ?

Secondly, there's a very good imaging technique called "PET Scan". (Positron Emission Tomography). The PET scan can actually tell you which areas of the brain are active weird.

When do you have you next appointment with the Neurologist ?

Regards