CT of head w/o contrast - what could the results mean?
I have been diagnosed with pycogenic movement disorder since 2000, I see Dr Joseph Jankovic. In Sept 2005 following medication that sent me in a spiral a depression followed by an inability to walk without assistance. I was instantly DC'd from the medication. A few weeks later the hurricanes came to LA which I am from and a few days after Katrina I ended up in the hospital with much difficulty to talk, walk, comprehend, or do basic need. I came home wheelchair bound and totally dependent at least the first month. It has been good days and bad days since. But I have been able to mostly take care of myself inhome, but unable to drive or be alone for long periods of time. When I went to the hospital at that time the CT and MRI scans came out normal. I just had a 11 day stint in the hospital for breathing problems and during this time they also did a CT of my brain. This is what the finding were. Within the right frontal subcortical white matter, there is a 5.8 mm low attenuation focus. Small low attenuation foci are noted within the left insular cortex. Within the left frontal cortex, there is a 4/2 mm low attenuation focus. Mild frontal lobe atrophy is present. The proximal 4 mm of the right MCA has increased attenuation. No intra or extra-axial hemorrhage is identified. A prominent left cerebellar fissure is present. Within the right mid brain is a 4 mm X 2 mm band of diminished attenuation. Minimal ethmoid sinus mucosal thicking is noted.
Impression: 1. Nonspecific subtle small left frontal cortex, right frontal subcortical white matter, right mid brain, and left insular cortex low attenuation lesions. These are most likely small ichemic foci. 2. Mild frontal lobe atrophy. 3. Hyperdense proximal right MCA. This is not as pronounced as usually noted with acute right MCA occlusion.
Can you tell me what this possibly means?
Thank you, daberry
I have had three episodes of severe vertigo with no explanation.  They have treated me for labrinthitis.  Antibiotics and anti dizzy medications.  No tests were done.  For the past three years I have had a gradual change in my speach and ability to focus/see especially as I get tired.  I have been tripping and falling alot the last three years.  I also have a problem with feeling in my hands.  Holding on to things as well as picking them up.  Smaller items are very difficult.
I recently began seeing a neurologist.  He has ordered many tests. My recent MRI of the brain showed white matter in the frontal gyri and left insuloar subcortical white matter.
Could you please venture and opinion.