Neurology Community
CT results/ refferal to Neurologist

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

CT results/ refferal to Neurologist

I’m a 20 year old female. i have, for the last 3 weeks had a splitting headache. The day it started i got home from work and laid down for a rest. i must have fallen asleep. When I woke up i felt dizzy and a bit sick. i decided i was going to throw up so i stood up to walk out to the toilet, my head felt like i had been hit in the head with a baseball bat as i stood up! i passed out, i don’t know how long for but when i came round i had the imprint of my carpet on my face so it was more than a few seconds.

Almost a week later a similar thing happened at work. i turned my head quickly, it hurt like hell and i collapsed. as i was at work they phoned for an ambulance an i went into hospital. they kept me in overnight, and i had a CT scan. the doctor said there were no major findings on the ct. when i asked what he meant by major he said they were happy there is no bleeding or anything immediately life threatening so i can go home, but he instructed me to go to my GP ASAP to get a referral to a neurologist. I went to the GP with my discharge papers but she basically laughed at me for going to hospital with a headache and said there is no point in referring me.

I’m kind of scared because another week has passed and my head still hurts, and i have had another moment where I thought I was going to pass out. They ruled out obvious things like infections, dehydration and caffeine intake when I was in the hospital so i really don’t know what i should do. i just have the no MAJOR findings comment stuck in my head, and the fact they told me to get referred by my GP soon. Am I being silly or does this sound like i could be serious! im a trainee PE teacher and am normally very physically active and healthy. Haven’t been ill for ages and never get headaches. im really worried and would appreciate any advice!!