Neurology Community
CTR surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

CTR surgery

what kind of recovery time am I looking at for endoscopic carpel tunnel release surgery? I work I a kitchen (in the back). I am not really good at following directions when it comes to limitations set forth by the doctor(i.e. I was at work the day after I nearly broke my ankle when I was told to stay off of it for 3-4 weeks). Will I be able to feel my limitations? Is it uncommon to ask for a cast so that I don't end up hurting myself? I just know my self and I don't want to hurt myself. I have worn the braces and just end up ripping them off oin the middle of the night, I am afraid that after surgery I might do the same injure my wrist further. What should I ask for?
Hi.

There is no problem in asking for a cast. If it helps you take better care of your wrist, you must do it.

You should work on your habit of not following directions. There is nothing that humans beings can not achieve (well, almost...). Give yourself short targets and achieve them. Use this short target approach to ultimately achieve the big target.

You should be able to recover in a couple of weeks. And you might as well try the cast.

Regards