Neurology Community
CURRENT SYMPTOMS- nausea, pain, lethargy...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello. I have a question and I hope that someone could help me...

I'm a 19 year old female. I have been feeling nauseated randomly during the past month or so. Often when this happens, I force myself to vomit and once I have, I start to feel fine. The nausea feeling comes back after about an hour or so or when I drink something (even just water) or eat something. The feeling lasts for about 2 days and I'm often dizzy and lethargic. About two days ago, I actually started to get a numbing feeling on my left arm and today my neck felt a little painful. I have gained about 20 pounds in the last 4-5 months or so due to my withdrawal from smoking. I was quite surprised to gain this much weight as I have never weighed more than I weigh now even if I didn't control what I ate. Lately, I have been eating a lot less than usual and I still haven't seen any improvement in terms of weight. (I'm the type who loses and gains weight very fast so this is another change.)

Another problem that I've been having which I've only noticed NOW is the fact that I get a sharp pain in my left parietal area. It's just in one spot and when I press on it, it hurts more. The pain is toleratable but it is still painful.

Can anyone tell me what it could possibly be?

At first with the nausea, I thought I may just be having acid reflux but the numbing feeling in my left arm and my neck and now the pain in my parietal lobe is making me think that maybe it could be symptoms of stroke.. which I'm way too young for but I guess is still possible.

I do keep track of my blood pressure and it has been somewhat normal. My baseline BP is 90/60 and my blood pressure lately has been around 120/70 which isn't bad at all. All other vitals are normal as well.

If you have any idea of what it could be please let me know. I'm currently trying to find a new and BETTER family doctor that's why I've put off seeing a physician.

Thank you.
RIGHT parietal lobe*** not left.

I guess this could be why I've been feeling the numbess in my left arm..?

And I just wanted to add that I'm not pregnant and I'm currently not on any medications.
first off smoking causes ur arteries to constrict....and could cause the numbness feeling....it doesn't let a normal blood flow thru ur veins......u can have a number of diff things...a good NS that will test and find the root cause of ur symptoms.If   u prefer see a good rhumitoid dr.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"