Neurology Community
Calves Twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Calves Twitching

My calves are twitching.  They are random movements in each leg.  Predominately at rest.  Is this consistent with ALS?
Avatar n tn
Are you still having weakness?
Avatar n tn
It could be restless legs syndrome. My legs twitched too and it freaked me out. Turned out to be a symptom of anxiety. Do you have weakness or fatigue in legs. WEll I had fatigue in my legs to the point where I would walk a few steps and be out of breathe. My psy/and neurologist said that is attributed to my severe anxiety.

Since seeing my neur/psy, all symptoms have ceased.

From what I read about ALS twitching would be accompanied with cramps and definetly weakness. A lot of people have calve twitching and you are not alone.

If you are not having any leg weakness(usually it will start with one extremity than you should be fine.

Twitching is more common than you think.

RElax and if it is stressing you out that much than go see a neurologist to give you peace of mind. It made a world of difference to me. If you scroll down below, look for my nickname under the topic I started to see what I was experiencing. Everything seems to be ok.

Best wishes.
For bubbling or twitching of the calves get your B12, Calcium and Potassium levels checked. B12 deficiency causes neuromuscular problems. My sister has had bubbling twiching calves over 8 years now and she finally found out she has low B12 and low Calcium. One sign of low B12 that she had over 10 years ago was ridges in her fingernails. Low potassium levels cause muscle cramps. You can't take B12 as pills because it won't be absorbed this way. You must take B12 as a shot or sublingual (under the tongue),