Neurology Community
Can CADASILs take Benadryl

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Can CADASILs take Benadryl

Benadryl info says it has an "anti-cholinergic" effect.  CADASIL info says it has a cholinergic aspect to the disease.  With chronic sinusitis resulting in post-nasal drip, contributing to possible COPD in the form of very mild persistent bronchitis, would taking Benadryl contribute to the symptoms of CADASIL?  I did read that the active substance in Benadryl is often used in conjuction with other drugs for relaxation/sleep issues, but there seemed to be a warning not to use it with patients with dementia (not at that stage yet, of course).  

By trying to solve one problem, am I creating another in the possibility of increased cognitive impairment, and earlier onset of CADASIL symptoms?
Tags: cadasil