Neurology Community
Can a C5 C6 bulging disk cause a buzzing/vibratory sensation in my face...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Can a C5 C6 bulging disk cause a buzzing/vibratory sensation in my face and neck?

I am a 38 year old female who has spent too much time at doctor's offices this year.  Years' prior to this I would go for an annual physical and a trip or 2 to the doctor for a sinus infection.  I have seasonal allergies that I take zyrtec or xyzol for when needed.  I don't really take any other meds except a daily vitamin when I remember.  My labs have all come back okay so not my thyroid or potassium levels.  
I went to the doctor in late July because I felt like I was vibrating or better yet had buzzing in my R cheek and a migraine.  Nights prior to this I was waking up in the middle of the night with my fingers asleep (pinky and ring fingers on both hands).  I would change postitions and go back to sleep.   We flipped the mattress thinking it may be that.  The next day I woke up and the buzzing is in my legs as well as my R cheek.  I took a Cyclobenzaper at bedtime and it helped me get to sleep.  I start to notice my legs twitcing, not the whole leg but isolated spots in my legs/certain muscles.  This then goes to my eye as well.  This continues and is noticeably worse at nighttime when I am trying to get to sleep.  I notice it gets worse if I do not sleep well.  The initial doctor who saw me for this back in July was a psyiatrist and said that if my symptoms did not go away to see a neurologist.  In early September, I go to see a neurologist.  I have no weakness with these strange sensations so that is a good thing.  My blood pressure is high at the neurologists office so he thinks it is my heart and refers me to a cardiologist.  The cardiologist does a 24 hour holter monitor and basically says my heart is fine.  I go back to the neurologist who then orders and MRI of the brain and neck.  
I do ashtanga yoga and had a neck injury from doing headstand in 2007.  It was never xrayed though.  I did receive PT with Mackenzie approach that was successful.  Back then, I had headaches and terrible pain with turning my head to the right and upward.  
Back to my most recent MRI's.  My insurance would not approve an MRI with contrast so they were done without.  Brain was unremarkable (phew, no MS) and neck states right paracentral disk protrusion at C5-C6 resulting in mild central and moderate right neural foraminal stenosis.  So, that's it!  I am thrilled to find out what the cause of my weird buzzing or "idling" sensation is from.  I go back to PT for more Mackenzie treatment with neck roll backs.  Only thing is that now I have developed tinnitus in my R ear that gets worse when I pull my chin back or when I push against my forehead.  I do my exercises when I feel the idling sensation but don't really think it is working after 3 weeks. I have woken up the past 3 days now exhausted despite a full nights sleep.  It feels like something is flaring up again.  I called the neurologist today and he is starting me on gabapentin, which I filled and am researching online tonight.  I am scared to take it but will to see if my symptoms go away.  I just want this to all stop.  
So, my question is...can someone have muscle twitching, tinnitus, and a vibratory/buzzing feeling all from a protruding disk at level C5 C6 or is something else going on that the doctors are missing?
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Arm/face pain and neck stiffness may appear due to nerve irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because the nerves that supply the arm also start in the upper cervical spine. Mostly, this kind of pain aggravates after turning head and typically occurs in patients with herniation of cervical disc and in patients with marked arthritis of the upper cervical spine. In addition, this pain exacerbates with prolonged sitting in a stooped posture and when working on computers for long hours so this activity should be avoided. Since you are presently suffering from severe pain, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away for further assessment & treatment. Your doctor may suggest wearing a cervical collar or suggest some neck exercises as well. Hope this helps.

Take Care & Regards!!!

Yes, bulging discs press on nerves and can cause all of those symptoms.Gabapentin/neurontin is for the twitching and maybe other nerve symptoms, which I refused .What about antiinflammatories and muscle relaxants? Take a sleeping pill. Not enough rest does trigger the symptoms from my experience.
I am not in any pain actually.  Just a constant ringing in my left ear that gets worse with pushing  on my head or pulling my chin back to my chest and a constant feeling that I am vibrating/trembling.  That feeling is mainly in my face, lips and neck.  I should mention that it cannot actually be seen though.  Sometimes it is worse like when I am trying to go to bed and most recently after a late girl's night out the next couple of days.  Today is day 3 of gabapentin and today my symptoms were still there, but barely noticeable until now, bedtime.  I also take this pill at night and so it has likely worn off.  
Did you have a bulging disk?  Do you still have symptoms?  How long did it take to resolve if it did?  Curious if you saw a chiro?  That is something I am contemplating.
I had 2 herniated discs, stenosis and DDD(bone spurs/arthritis). Neck pain started in January with radiculopathy and Epidural injection threw me into alot of neuro symptoms and after a nightmare of specialists (many could not figure me out) I agreed with my NYC surgeons. My symptoms did not go away after 6 months so I had surgery to decompress my spine. The symptoms could have progressed to needing a cane, walker or wheelchair, so I felt I had to do the surgery. Not to mention how it was affecting my quality of life. I am now 9 weeks post-op and still waiting for symptoms to go away. It may take a long time. I am now getting intermittant radiculopathy, shooting head and wierd ear pain. I put a call into the surgeon. I may have some nerve damage. Hopefully the new discs are not causing this.
Good morning!  I have been doing a little perusing of this site this morning as I am currently "laid up" following my 3rd cervical spine surgery since 2006.  I thought I'd share my story with you.  I am middle aged and have suffered neck pain since my early 20's.  I began this journey by injuring my neck at the gym on a piece of nautilus equipment.  That was the first time I woke up unable to turn my head from side to side without pain.  That began my trips to the chiropractor.  For many years I visited them for adjustments but only when the flareups were intolerable.  Once I went to Maui and the first thing I did when I got there was find a chiropractor to get an adjustment.  My neck killed me the whole trip....sad, but true.  Anyway, in 2005, I slipped in my kitchen and caused whiplash (just call me Gracie).  One year after that fall, my discs finally gave up the ghost.  I was in complete agony.  At that point I knew surgery was the way to go - my only option to have my life back.  The herniations were at C5/C6 and C6/C7.  My right side was the affected side.  My right arm was numb and there were frequent lightning bolts of electricity shooting down through my fingers.  I had to prop my arm up over my head to get any relief from the sensations.  I had the surgey which fused three discs together using a titanium plate and screws.  The surgery went well and all was good for a little over a year.  Then the disc at C4/C5 ruptured and my left side side began its demise.  So, again I went for surgery.  The second surgery was a bust.  The fusion failed.  So, just two weeks ago, I had a third surgery to stabilize the failed second surgery.  The first two surgeries were performed through my neck from the front (anterior) and this last one was done from the back (posterior).  I have had some unpleasant surprises since my last surgery and I've posted them here on this site so I won't take the time to retype them here.  In hindsite, I don't think I could have survived without the first surgery because it did help so much.  But, for the second surgery, knowing now what I didn't know then, I might have tried to live with that problem a while longer.  This third time around has really scared me because of the undiagnosed problem that's occurred with the foot.  I'm not trying to scare you.  You'll know when/if it's time for surgical intervention.   The one thing that sticks with me that one doctor said was "if Mother Nature was going to heal this, she would've done so by now".  

I want to add too that I had facial/jaw issues with TMJ and that can cause some of the symptoms you've mentioned you're having.  I had my jaw joints flushed and they put a long-acting steroid in the joints.  That gave me nice relief.  Also they devised a night-guard for me just in case I was a teeth-grinder.  I wore it even though I didn't think I was a grinder.  Those solutions worked for my TMJ problem.  Note:  Insurance doesn't typically pay for this type of medical service.  For some bizzare reason, they call TMJ services cosmetic.  Obviously, the underwriters have never SUFFERED from this very real agony of TMJ.  But...anyway...that's another story.  

I wish you the best of luck in all your decisions regarding your health.  Stay strong because you have folks who love you and need you to be there.  Happy holidays!
Oh, one more thing, I do take Gabapentin and have had no unpleasant side effects that I can tell.  I take 100mg twice a day.  One of my doctors described Gabapentin as a child of Lyrica.  So I guess that means, not as strong as Lyrica.   I can't take Lyrica.  It makes me too dizzy and blurs my vision far too much.  I plan to stop using Gabapentin as soon as I can.  I'll have to drop the usage to once a day for a week or so and then stop cold turkey.  But, not yet.
Just updating my symptoms and where I am with doctors.  Symptoms:  trembling/twitching in my whole body (not visible on the outside), ringing constant in my left ear (it gets louder with posture changes like pulling my chin back and or with tilting my head to my left shoulder), abnormal periods (skipped 2 mos. & this month came early at day 18 and stopped 2 days later).  I should mention that I am not pregnant nor could I be as I had an ablation in 2007 & my spouse got the snip snip.  I was still getting a period every month regularly after the procedure and before all of my weird symptoms started this past July.  I still have NO weakness, thank goodness.  I do notice that I tremble with muscle exertion when I do yoga now or even when I just bear wait into one arm.  My neurologist sent me to my primary who I saw today.  I get the feeling he is at a loss and wanted another opinion.  She thinks I have Parkinson's Disease.  I am slightly in denial of this DX especially coming from my primary doctor.  She prescribed Mirapex as a trial.  I called my neurologist to inform him of this new diagnosis & am waiting for him to call me back.  Not taking any meds tonight until I talk to him.  Oh, my primary also ordered labs on thyroid ( this will be 2nd time and vitamin B12).  I am not taking anything until I get those labs back!  
Hello--when I read yours and 100percentwell's comments I think I finally found someone who understand what I have been dealing with for many years with no diagnosis. I have posted comments here but didn't get an answer on the last one. I have had "bulging discs" in my neck and low back for years and gone through alot of physical therapy and nothing makes this go away. I have the tingling, buzzing, electrical pulses on the entire left side of my body but including my face. That seems to be what the curiosity is--if there was something wrong in my brain it would affect the opposite side of my body but all of my other symptoms (and there are many) act like MS but I have not had the diagnosis. I am now 60 and have had to deal with this since I was in my early 30's. It has gotten progressively worse over the years and I finally had to quit working. Because I can't afford to keep going to doctors one by one till they find out what is wrong, I feel defeated and am now trying to exist on such a tiny amount of income that I am on a food card. This has all affected my mental state so much that I can't live alone so my house sits there while I am staying with my daughter and her family, sleeping with all the kids in one room. I have been on so many different medications that my stomach is shot and I have a bad case of GERD. I can't live without the medication for that or I will get pneumonia. I have the twitches, the tingling, spasms, tightening of the torso muscles around my kidneys, all of that, and I feel the weakness in my left side though doctors don't see it when they do their little (grab my hand ) test. I also have the trembling but not all the time.  I hope you get the right treatment and are not just considered a neurotic hypochondriac--this stuff is so real and no one can "see" it, especially if you look good or young for your age.  Take care--
I am sorry you have been undiagnosed for so long.  Very frustrating and depressing!   It has been 6 months for me and I am trying my best to be optimistic but do have moments where I too feel defeated.  You see, I am a speech pathologist who works in a hospital treating patients with MS, Parkinson's, stroke, brain tumors, and you name it.  Now I am the patient and it is not the role I want to play.  
My neurologist called meback and wants to see me Friday.  He told me not to take the Mirapex.  I am back to the gabapentin 100 mg and am to increase it to x2 a day.  No lab results yet!  Please be a hormone or vitamin deficiency!
Update:   Saw the ENT for the tinnitus in my L ear and basically he does not know why I have it.  My hearing is fine though.  Saw my neurologist Friday, who reassessed me for Parkinson's.  He said my exam is normal and he doubted Parkinson's at this point.  He wants more labs on me, ANA, ESR, magnesium, parathyroid, calcium, sjodren's, potassium, and a menopause workup.  So, I have gone from having parkinson's disease to being perimenopausal in one week :).  You have to find humor in the little things these days.  I also am trying a new med, klonopin in the lowest dose.  Gabapentin is on hold for now.  The klonopin has an anxiety component to it as well as to treat tremor.  I am really more on edge this week.  I took a half dose last night and felt no effect really.  I will up it tonight to a full pill so I can actually sleep through the night hopefully.  I  am noticing that odd feeling in my neck/throat is moving to the back of my tongue.  It feels big and thick.  I keep swallowing.  Today I sm tired and just feel sick.  I can't describe "sick".  Malaise about sums it up.   I spent $100 in copays this past week at doctor visits.  This is a costly road to nowhere so far.  I hope these new labs bring me closer to a diagnosis and mess to eliminate these agravating symptoms.  I miss the old me!      
I really feel for you,hang in there,use other yoga pranayama to help with anxiety it really works.I was a yoga teacher but injured C-  6/7 bulging disk, prolapsed T4 and lumber annular tears which bulge out at the simplist movement after no problems than heavier movements.
I have been to Osteo/cranial,sacral therapists,Accupuncture,homeopathy intracutaneus injections,all help for a while ,like two days or a week.
Now I am on Gabapentin programme 1x300 2 nights then 300 2x day for 2 days and them 3x300 a day. At moment at 300x2 a day and pain has 75% gone,also take 4x50mg tramadol a day and 4x2mg Diazapam.
Going to reduce diazapam and tramadol and see what happens,im sick of pain and taking pills,and getting the run around with therapists..I just want to go surfing again,im banned from surfing by Doc for 6 months..im grateful i can still work and practice some yoga asana/pranayama.
My prayers are with you. Try the Gabapentin,I was terrified by the feedback i was reading but thought positivly about it and its working,so im very happy so far....more will be revealed. Hari Om David
The gabapentin was too sedating for daytime use for me.  It worked great at night.  I would wake up every night with this internal shaking multiple times, however 100 mg before bed gave me a full nights rest.  Only problem was daytime, it would wear off.  I increased to another for daytime but was too groggy and sleepy to function.  I will say that the klonopin .5 mg has made the most difference, practically eliminating the shaking.  I am fatigued though and maybe a little more cranky.  Tomorrow my labs should be in.  Fingers crossed!   Kiwiyoga, my yoga practice is slightly altered, no headstand or shoulder stand given my bulging disk issue.  I still try to get through the primary series as best I can trying not to regress.  Yoga is and always will be my escape.  Yoga makes me feel strong and healthy even when I am shaking on the inside.  Namaste
Got a call from my obgyn back for the menopause workup and apparently all is normal.  Waiting to hear about my other labs.  
Other labs are also normal.  I foundmyself praying for low calcium or low magnesium or thyroid problems.  Now we are back to 1. The bulging disk 2. Anxiety disorder or 3. A neurological progressive disease.  The klonopin does not eliminate the internal tremors completely, but I have not upped my dose as told.  I am still taking 1/2 a pill of .5 mg.   I am scared to.  I don't want to rely on medication.  
On a happier note, I am off to Disney dithering my family for a few days.  Maybe a getaway is the right prescription.  
I completely understand where you're coming from.  I am 40 and I too have a herniated disc at C5-C6 which narrows the proximal left neural foramen.  My brain MRI/MRA 3 years ago was normal. I also went through a period of 8-10 months last year of widespread twitching - some of them felt like little muscle twitches, some like big jerking single twitches.  Very scary at the time.  I still twitch here and there but not nearly as much.  I've also had the sensation you describe of difficulty swallowing. And I've also noticed the trembling with muscle exertion which I only notice at times.  Finally I've also had dizziness, headaches, bouts of insomnia, lots of muscle aches/pains, etc.  All of my symptoms started 3-4 years ago. The difference is that I know my diagnosis: anxiety and, probably, approaching menopause.  Though it's taken me a couple of years to accept that all of these crazy things could be caused by anxiety plus some hormonal fluctuations for good measure.

My mother and her mother went through menopause by age 40.  I am 40.  So while a test a couple of years ago didn't confirm perimenopause, my OB/Gyn says they aren't really reliable.  In perimenopause hormones fluctuate dramatically each month & even each day.  So a test at 8am might read differently than one at 6pm.  If you've begun to miss some periods then my bet is that you too are in perimenopause.  And women who go through early menopause tend to have stronger symptoms.  I know that this likely applies to me as my mother had the same problems in her 30's. In addition I went on the pill in June and many of my symptoms have abated.

In addition I go to a great therapist who treats only anxiety and he says all the physical symptoms I suffer from are classic generalized anxiety disorder.  If I go to him with a symptom which I think is really wild like the twitching or electric shock sensations he tells me it's par for the course - classic anxiety.  I, of course, have verified this online. Note that I did try an SSRI (Celexa) for about 9 months and all of my physical symptoms went away (other than my occasionally numb fingers and parasthesia in my left arm from the hernaited disc).  Even my backache went away.  I went off of Celexa because I felt so good I was ready to have another child.  Of course about 4 months later I was back to my symptoms.

I've been trying to get my life back in control via other means before I venture back to Celexa as I don't like the idea of being on meds for a long time.  It sounds like you do yoga but another thing to try would be cardiovascular exercise (if you don't already to it).  There is peer-reviewed research and lots of clinical evidence that cardiovascular exercise (at least 30 minutes 3 x per week) has a dramatic impact on mental health and the nervous system.  My therapist says, from his clinical experience, that it takes about 2 months of regular exercise to see a difference.  I figured it's worth a try so I started exercising this week & will see how it goes.  

Finally, I have the benefit (if you could call it that) of having a mom who went through just what I'm going through and lived to tell the tale.  She suffered from muscle pain, twitching, numbness in various parts of her body, insomnia, dizziness, etc.  She was convinced that she had MS, even had a doctor tell her she did.  But she doesn't.  In fact the numbness, pain, insomnia, etc is gone.  Went away in her early 40's.  Note that she went through menopause at age 40.  In addition she didn't suffer from any of these symptoms until about age 34 or 35 and hadn't suffered from anxiety prior to this either.  My mom is a healthy 67 year old.

My suggestion: find a really great therapist (psychiatrist or psychologist) who treats anxiety.  Tell them about your symptoms and let them tell you what they think.  A neurologist doesn't treat anxiety, at least not typically.  They typically treat brain pathologies so he may not have as broad an experience with a psychological disorder.  And keep track of your period.  If you continue to have irregular cycles and skip periods and your gynecologist says you're otherwise healthy, then you are almost certainly in perimenopause.  Then look up the symptoms online.  You'll be amazed at all of the crazy things women go through.

I hope this helped you even a tiny bit.  I know how stressful it can be to have unusual physical symptoms with normal test results and noone around you who can identify or understand what you're going through.  Good luck!  
I am really starting to lean towards the whole perimenopausal dx.  I have had a small but present period now for over a week.  I don't recall if I have mentioned in this post that in 2007 I had a DNC and ablation of the endometrial layer.  This essentially electricutes and scars the layer to minimize periods.  I have 2 kids and am done with baby bearing.  I half wonder if this through me into an earlier menopause.  
My workout routine involves kickboxing and power yoga, not relaxation yoga.  I workout at least 3x's a week.  I do feel less symptoms immediately after exercising.  
My sister is a Physical Therapist and has a theory... She thinks I may be overtaxing my nervous system with my Yoga.  Yes, too much yoga.  Ashtanga yoga is pretty strength and flexibility demanding.  It is my passion though.  I have worked very hard for 3 years to achieve what I have gained.  It would break my heart if I had to give it up.  
The Klonipin (klonopin) is working nicely.  I barely notice the shaking during the day.  It does not turn it completely off though.  I am up to .5mg x1 a day.   Neurology follow up is in 1 month.  I imagine we will discuss my normal labs and where we go now.  I did find a website called powersurge.  It has a forum all about internal shaking and menopause.  It was very much like me.  Promising...as I can deal with menopause versus Parkinson's.  
Well, went back to the neurologist today for follow-up and to discuss my medication (klonipin (klonopin)).  He did the fine motor testing like he has done before on me.  And still says he does not think Parkinson's.  :)  Although, he did see my face/mouth twitch a few times when he asked me to open my mouth.  This would be the first time he has actually seen something.  My labs are okay except for the ESR sedation rate was slightly high.  I do not know exactly what it was and plan to request a copy of my labs.  My ANA was negative and parathyroid was normal.  He would like to do an EMG on me.  All four extremities.  I am not looking forward to that.  April 19th is the lucky day.  He did say he was thinking more metabolic now.  I think I like metabolic versus neurologic.  I will post again after the EMG.  
EMG day!  I ended up having only my left side done both arm and leg.  I was told essentially it was normal.  My neurologist again saw very slight twitching in my lips and tongue today.  He is referring me to a movement disorder specialist at UIC.  I got a refill for my klonopin .5 mg.   He brought up thyroid again, but it was normal x2 previously.  So here we are again with no answers as to why I am internally vibrating all the time, as well as random muscle twitching throughout my body.  I googled the neurologist he referred me too.  She specializes in ALS and Myastenia Gravis.  "gulp". I really don't think it is either.  Please not!  
I am posting today because I tried a barbell strength class today and had a bizarre experience after.   I only did 2 5lb weights on my bar as I have never done this type of work out before.  It was challenging and 1/4 of the way into the class I started noticing how shaky my muscles were becoming.   In fact, after the class I showered and was drying my hair noticing that I could barely hold up the hair dryer without it shaking.  Then I tried to put on eyeliner and found the same.  My hands and arm shaking like crazy.  This cannot be normal!  
Saw the UIC neurologist who basically said she could not help me.  My neuro clinical exam is normal, yay!  She recommended chinese medicine or ayruda yoga.  Seriously?!?  Just kinda not expecting that from a neurologist I guess.  
Also saw my new primary doc.  He tested me for lyme's and west Nile.  He also wants my hair tested for heavy metals.  Did the blood draw and awaiting results on the first 2.   I agreed to try lexapro to rule out anxiety. Not liking the $60 copay with that or the fact that a side effect is insomnia.  Hmmm perhaps that is why I am up right now.  He also recommended a vitamin b12 supplement which I also started today.   My BP was high at his office do now ineed yo chart my BP for awhile.  White coat syndrome perhaps!
Now I guess I just wait...
Okay,  this insomnia business has to be from the lexapro.  Night number 2 and I cannot sleep.  Still feeling like I am buzzing.  I know I need to give the lexapro a chance to get in my system.  I already know it is not going to stop this buzzing sensation.  No word on my labs yet.  I will call tomorrow.    
Well,  I weaned myself from the lexapro after 2 weeks.  This is not anxiety related!  I ammed free right now and still having symptoms... Ringing in my left ear, sensation that I am internally shaking or buzzing and still random weird muscle twitching some days worse than others.  No weakness, thank goodness!  It will be 1 year in July that I have been going through this.  Still no answers.  I have seen a physiatrist, neurologist x2, family medicine doc, internist, ENT and cardiologist.   My labs are all normal.  No lyme's or west Nile.  I still need to get my hair tested for heavy metals.  Just can't find a place that does it.  I am headed back to my new primary in 2 weeks for follow up.  I am trying to tune out the symptoms.   That's about all I can do.  I refuse to be drug dependent until I know what this is from.  
hi, i'm new here but found your posting through a web search.  i'm 43 and have similar symptoms--internal shaking and all over twitching, buzzing, vibrating.  had an mri w/ and w/o contrast and all is well, i'm told.  also had blood work done and was told that all is well in that area too.  not on any medications but first feared parkinsons b/c parent has it.  but parkinsons is supposed to make you rigid, unbalanced, with changes in voice, facial expression, problems with fine motor skills, etc.  how did your primary come up with that dx?  curious b/c my primary ruled it out almost immediately.  i'm also hoping that it's menopausal.  read a lot about women who went through this and had the shaking subside when hormones leveled off although the medical community would not confirm.  just in case i'm seeing a neuro soon.  would love to hear your update.
I started having weird symptoms last December, a constant twitch (more like a spasm) all over when I was resting.  Then my left fingers went numb.  I was tired all the time and starting to loose my memory.  I had gone into see my pcp and she just kept telling me it was stress.  All stress related.  No, I know my body and it is not just stress related, something is not right.  I pushed her to get a head MRI which came back normal, no MS.  I was seeing a chiropractor who was saying it was thyroid.  All my tests for all my blood work came back normal but she still insisted it was thyroid.  So I did a detox of my body to kick start my thyroid again.  My pcp got sick of hearing from me and finally refered me to a neurologist.  All my tests came back normal with her but the neurologist said she wanted a cervical and thorasic MRI to make sure it was not MS and was refering me to a rheurmatologist.  When she got the MRI back it showed that I had a disc bulge on c5-6 that was compressing my spinal cord severely.  When you have a compressed spinal cord you don't have pain, just symptoms that is why they go overlooked sometimes.  I went in for surgery last week to get it fussed.  I still don't have feeling back in my fingers but the neurosurgeon said it may take time or I may never get feeling back.  My cord was very severly compressed for a long time.  
My thought is, you know your body the best.  If something is not right, keep pushing.  Look online, make suggestions.  I hope something turns up for you, I know how frustrating it is looking for answers and every person you see telling you they can't help you.  I have since changed PCP.  She had even told me she was sorry she did not believe my symtoms (symptoms) were are great as they were, she thought I was playing them up.  So ok, bye bye to you.  Like I want to waste money going to the doctor for no reason.  Get real.  I wish you all the best.
MissyfromMN
Well, I went back to my new primary and told him the lexapro cost me $60 and my sleep with no change in my symptoms.  I told him I was on a multivitamin and vitamin b12 like he suggested as well and still vibrating inside constantly to varying degrees every day and night nonstop.  I could not find a place for hair analysis but in my searching found out quite a bit about it.  Mercury toxicity symptoms sure do sound familiar.  I researched it and had my husband count my fillings.  I have 8 of them and prepare fish for dinner 2-3 times a week which would place me at an increased risk.  So, I tell my primary about this and he says that is very controversial.  He listened to me though and decided to do a blood test for heavy metals.  I won't hear results for a week.  I go back to the neurologist 7/8 and should have the results to discuss with him.   If negative, I am advised to go to The Mayo Clinic.  That is where things are as of now.  I will post again when I get results.  
Yayamom,
Parkinson's does not show up on MRI and often starts with muscle tremors (usually in the pinky first). They also have neck issues with a stooped posture.  I don't think I am stooped but my neck MRI says otherwise.  As the disease progresses, it will cause rigidity and the other things you mentioned.  In fact, they say chronic constipation may actually be the first symptom.  
Missyfrommn,
I hope surgery helps you.  On my list is a chiro consult.  My neurologist did mention the possibility of an injection to help the disc reabsorb.  Right now, I am opposed to surgery for me.  That may change however if I am declining.  Wishing you twitchfree recovery!
Results are negative on the heavy metals blood test.  I have a neurologist appt 7/8 and will ask him his opinion on what to do next.  I think I may be headed to Mayo Clinic.  Things to do before that are 1. Eye exam (PCP recommended it as I have never had one).  2.  Chiropractic and nutritional consult (PCP said I could still do hair analysis as blood test for heavy metals is not as accurate).  3.  I think I should ask about a spine MRI.  I only had head and neck done.  Could I have a second bulging disc compressing the cord lower down?  I wonder.  I will update after neurologist visit.
Haven't updated in awhile, so here I go.  My neurologist gave me Lyrica to try as a sample.  I have felt the best I can be since this all started a year ago!  I am still internally vibrating but at the lowest level it has ever been.  The random muscle twitching is also at a minimum, again the best it has been.  I sleep pretty much all night through.  I can actually sit and watch TV at night without being distracted by my symptoms.  Now for the negatives...$40 copay with my insurance for starters and the fact that this is simply masking symptoms.  I am now drug dependent.  My neck and shoulders seem to feel so tense and tight.  I have pain but it is bearable.  Not going to Mayo.  My neurologist says wait.  I follow up with him in September and will bring up the neck and shoulder pain.  
My symptoms are very much like yours and my frustration in finding a cause is similar as well.  I do vibrate 24/7 although looking at me you cannot tell.  This vibration is from face to private area.  I also have a bulging disc.  I absolutely do not want to be on more pharmaceuticals.  I have a hypothyroid and am menopausal so I take synthroid and estrodial.  I have found that I can have a nice quality of life with acupuncture and massage scheduled weekly and the use of liquid vitamins and the strong B vitamin Folbic from a prescription.  It does not take the vibration away but I am happy, have cognitive clarity most of the time.  In fact the first time I went to the acupuncturist who also worked on my neck produced results the very next day.  That is when I knew it was in my neck at the axon, atlas level.  Although I truly feel saddened by your run around, you made feel that I am not alone with this vibration.  Most doctors think I am nuts.  I walk away feeling sorry for them.. All that time in education and money spent and they are clueless unless a pharma rep tells them what to do.  Good luck and best wishes.
I don't know if you still post on this board, but I found your posts while searching for info. about bulging discs and upper body tremor. Your story is exactly like mine. I've practiced yoga for a long time. I developed TMJ 3 years ago, and then developed neck pain and tinnitus in my right ear. So I visited a chiropractor, who did a C3 and C4 adjustment. 24 hours later I developed an inner vibrating, mostly upper body tremor. It worsens when I practice yoga, and my arms weaken more quickly. I've noticed shaking hands when I apply makeup. It's been going on for 2 months. I recently had an MRI, which shows bulging discs on C3-C7. How is your condition now? Has the tremor subsided at all? Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Suzann
S. Spring
I stumbled on your post and don't know if you are still reading this but to answer your question bulging cervical disks can cause tinnitus. The other cause may be the muscle spasms or stiffness related to the disk problem. I have 3 bulging cervical disks one which is impinging on a nerve root. Went through a year of PT and now try to mimic what the PT did; cervical neck exercises, heat on my back. I also use a massager on the trigger points in my upper back. The trick is to keep the neck mobile and the muscles stretched out. If I do that every day it improves quite a bit. If I get lazy it gets worse. Sitting in front of a computer for extended periods is the kiss of death. Hope this helps.
Have not been on here in awhile so here's the update.  I went off the Lyrica in November 2010.  I developed constipation.  The neurologist thinks it is likely from all the meds I have been on.  I was scared and thinking it was a new symptom.  I am taking a probiotic now everyday.  It is slightly better but still pebble poop.  I am experiencing heightened symptoms right now.  Not sure why.  The neurologist told me to put myself back on lyrica when this occurs.  Day 3 on meds and I am a little better.  He said he thinks it may be fibromyalgia.  Going back to see him in June.  I think I am going to look into alternative medicine.  I will report back on that as well.
Saw the alternative medicine doctor.  More labs drawn.  Got a call today saying I have two abnormal labs, adrenal glands and viramin D. First time I have had any abnormal labs.  Seeing the doctor again next Wed. To find out more.  
Vitamin D was 24.  Cortisol was slightly high.  Not disease level high, but high end of normal.  She recommended a vitamin regimen.  I go back in 2 months.  I guess time will tell.  
I have been experiencing similar symptoms since at least 2004, off and on, with the symptoms getting much worse since 2007. At one point i could hardly get out of bed, actually crawling to the bathroom. Been to many specialists over time including rheumatoligist at cleveland university, neuroligists at cleveland clinic and upmc etc etc. I also ended up changing my PCP fairly early on in my "process" as he did not believe me. I actually took my husband with me to one visit just to verify what was going on because EVERYONE had me believing this was all in my head. On the drive home my husband asked me what I was going to do because this doctor did not believe me....even after he pleaded my case also telling the dr that the person sitting there was not his wife. Unfortunately, it has become his wife as no one has given me anything that helps. I have been told of SO many things that i DONT have and only a few things that I do have.  I do have the diagnoses of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, also have bulging discs at c4-c5, c5-c6, c6-c7, L4-L5, and L5-s1. Have had physical therapy with minimal relief. chiropractic therapies seem to have minimal relief also, but does help when the pain and symptoms are unbearable. i am told that after my PT i would have to try some nerve blocks before being referred for any kind of surgery and even then i am not a very good surgical canidate as the bulges "are not bad" and i am too young (43).                                                               I have tried alternative/natruopaths/accupuncture along with traditional medicine with only minimal relief of sypmtoms and becoming med dependent to get through the days. While it works, it sure doesnt feel like living. i guess that i should state my symptoms---severe fatigue, severe muscle aches and pains mainly on my left side (with all bulging discs on the right side which has all of the doctors and therapists mystified), headaches, vertigo, left side of my face twitches is swollen numb and will progress to my eye when i am stressed or tired (all symptoms are worse when i am stressed or tired). I also have severe GI problems which have been ruled out as anything major several times but sometimes the worst of all is the depression and anxiety that go along with all of this. I was always a very active person, working and enjoying my hobbies which almost all were physical (running, biking, equestrian sports). now, even though we have our own horse farm, i do very little if anything physical except going to work (which now is part time) and trying to get some house and barn work done, NOTHING like what i used to be able to do. I feel very let down by the medical community which is hard also because I am an RN. i was referred to the mayo clinic, but after completing a very long and in depth phone call interview, i was told that they would not see me because there were too many other people waiting to be seen with the same symptoms. that is depressing on sooooo many levels....so many people out there suffering from the same things and begging for relief. i have been tempted to try one of the fibromyalgia clinics that are out there, but, of course, they do not accept insurance and they are very expensive and want you to join a "membership club" where you pay up front for treatments and get a "discount". most of those treatments are based on mineral and vitamin deficiencies but all of my tests show OK levels except for thyroid and vitamin d which are both now in "normal" ranges following treatment. I wish that I had better news for everyone, but it does make me feel better knowing that there are people who KNOW what I am feeling. my friends try (the ones that have bothered to stay around as i am not as much fun as i used to be) and my husband tries very very hard, but still, no one knows unless you are feeling it. I have so many people tell me you just need to go do more, or not think about it as much, or you have so much to be grateful for---the last one is absolutely true, but it still does not help.
would love to read about anything that does help people feel better.
Hi Yogamommy,
Your story sounds very similar. I hope you're still contributing to this forum because I was really glad to stumble across your post. I was diagnosed with bulging disks c5- c7 in March and have been (internal) vibrating, head to toe muscle twitching(mainly waist down), tinnitus, dizziness since then. Prior to the bulging disks, my head began buzzing shortly after a bad flu/pneumonia which was treated with a 5 day Z pak in late Feb. I've never been able to find out if this might be related since it's been a whirlwind of doctors with no answers.I've had a brain MRI-normal, nerve test-normal and next the EEG since my head's been buzzing/plus dizziness, intensely for weeks now. My GP tested for thyroid, B12, Lyme and MS--nada. Routine blood test in February also came back normal. I'm on Klonopin 0.5 mg once at night-little over a month, but the only thing it helps with is sleep. My internal vibrations/muscle twitching is 24/7 and vary with intesity-unpredictable, usually worse in afternoon to nighttime...much worse. I've been trying to keep physically active but I sometimes I feel mentally/physically exhausted. I'm scheduled to see a GP for more tests and was hoping that you might have some suggestions. It's a comfort that we're not alone here. After reading a few posts, I wonder if it could be perimenopause, I'm 38?  

Hello, I too am absolutely amazed that there are so many people out there with exactly the same symptoms, yet there doesn't seem to be a single MD that would be able to diagnose the cause! Are we still in a Victorian era? This is possibly the most neglected syndrome out there. The best the medical community can do is tell us that this is "fibromyalgia" or similar "non-diagnosis", i.e. we have no clue what is wrong with you, so we will name your symptoms and you better be happy with that. Fibromyalgia should be named "NCWTHTI", for "no clue what the heck this is". I have been to at least half a dozen doctors now, with varying specialties, and I get a different diagnosis nearly every time.
I have the same symptoms. Actually, I don't even have to describe them, because they are exactly as everyone has listed them here, although I am still waiting for my MRI. I used to be such a driven, active person, now I have to push myself hard just to get through the day. It makes me mad and frustrated to be robbed of my previous life, I just want my life back. I am not depressed and I don't think neither of you have a mental issue either, I just get miserable because I can't do the things I love to do. Is that so hard to understand?
One of us should find an MD that is willing to dedicate time to defining this, describing the symptoms and investigating whether it has ever been successfully treated. If Mayo clinic has such a line-up of these cases, don't they have a designated specialist? I would be there tomorrow! This doesn't boast too well for Mayo clinic.
Ask for an Epstein Barr test. That's the virus that, among other things, causes mono. If you had a severe case of the flu before all this started it could have been initial exposure to Epstein Barr. A blood test will confirm previous or current active disease. Epstein Barr can cause many of the problems you are experiencing or complicate existing disc problems with inflammation.
Have they ruled out Chiari Malformation? I have many of the same symptoms that you have described, and I was just diagnosed with Chiari.  I think my neurologist found it on the MRI scans.  I also have bulging discs C5-6 and bone spurs.  Next week I go for an EMG, which has me a little unnerved.  

Anyway, I pasted some of the symptoms of Chiari - hope this helps and good luck!!

Chiari malformation type I
Headaches, often severe, are the classic symptom of Chiari malformation. They're typically precipitated with sudden coughing, sneezing or straining. People with Chiari malformation type I can also experience:

Neck pain (running down the shoulders at times)
Unsteady gait (problems with balance)
Poor hand coordination (fine motor skills)
Numbness and tingling of the hands and feet
Dizziness
Difficulty swallowing (sometimes accompanied by gagging, choking and vomiting)
Vision problems (blurred or double vision)
Slurred speech
Less often, people with Chiari malformation may experience:

Ringing or buzzing in the ears (tinnitus)
Poor bladder control
Chest pain, in a band-like pattern around the chest
Curvature of the spine (scoliosis) related to spinal cord impairment
Abnormal breathing — specifically, sleep apnea, characterized by periods of breathing cessation during sleep
I have read your post for the last year and am sorry for all your symptoms. I have almost all the same. My adventure started last april with tingling in my right temple and has lead to array of symptoms. Though after reading this I feel we all have one major medical condition in common.  Bone Spurs!!  mine is at the c5 c-6 level with forminal stenosis and my symptoms are as follows.

Twitching every where from my eye to my feet
Burning tongue
Arms extended feel real shaky
Thumb and grip felling a bit weak
Zaps and internal shakes
These are my main ones.
I have been to a chiro. for the past year the nuero 3x , a family doctor, internalist,eye doctor and
a nuero surgeon who says the bulging disk has to go.
I have had 2 xrays , 1 mri , 5 blood tests, lyme testing, EMG (which is not painful) cat scan and many ohter small tests.
Meds. xanex,naproxen,lyrical,antacids and a who list of others. I Stoped taking all of them.
The bottom line is when the spinal cords is involved I fell all these syptoms (symptoms) are common.
I will consider surgery later this month and will let you know how my symptoms progress or regress.
Sorry guys my spelling stinks.....
I'm relieved to find this forum. I'm not the only one out there with these crazy symptoms!!!

Since Sept 2011 I have been dealing with an array of symptoms. Here's the list:

Ears have a high pitched ringing that changes sometimes with repositioning my neck.
Neck pain.
Severe, burning, searing, pressure headaches with nasal congestion that will subside after a while.
Dizziness
Blurred vision
Tingling/Numbness in nose, lips, cheeks, tongue
Tongue feels burnt all the time & it sometimes feels "tired"
Constant jack hammer like vibrations that I think someone can see.  But they can't. I can only feel them. And I also have burning pain in arms as well.
Vibration in my legs
Goose bumps feeling in just my right leg only
Overwhelming fatigue

Recently I was diagnosed with Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis & Vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin D is ok now after 3 months of taking it. My recent MRI of neck showed C5, C6 disk bulge on the right with bone spurs. However, my primary doctor feels that this wouldn't cause all of these symptoms. After reading all of these comments, I beg to differ with her. It seems that the disc bulge is the issue. I don't know what to think. I know I'm not crazy and it's not all in my head because there are others like yourself dealing with the same issues as I am. I will follow up with a neurologist and see what he has to say.  We have to be our own advocates. Keep seeking answers and don't give up!!!!! Be a nuisance to your doctors. Let them realize you're not giving up and you don't expect them to either.

Wow, just perusing through these posts and finding lots of people with many of the same symptoms. I too have had weird neurological symptoms for the past couple of months. I had been ignoring some of these signs until this past  month. I see chiropractors regularly and my adjustments were just not holding. The numbness, tingling and (what you refer to as the vibrating all over) muscle spasms are really annoying. It feels like something is taking over your body.

I just finished a course of tests run by a neurologist - 16 vials of blood (not fun), a two hour blood sugar test, EMG, nerve conduction - everything cam back normal. They tested for muscular dystrophy, MS, diabetes, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, thyroid disorder, celiac disease, heavy metal poisoning, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, bla, bla, bla - nothing. Had 2 brain MRI's and one cervical spine (neck) MRI.

My neighbor approached me last week b/c she had heard I was experiencing these problems. She went through the same thing. She also tested for a long list of ailments with an internist and neurologist - nothing. She has since been diagnosed with candidiasis which is an overgrowth of yeast (fungus) in her body, Apparently, yeast infections do not necessarily present as one would think (vaginally). So, since I was waiting  a long time to get an appointment with a new primary care physician I decided to do some research online and take matters into my own hands.

I had already changed my diet after the neurologist suggested testing for celiac and diabetes. I have not had any grains or sugar :( since my first appointment. I buy mostly organic everything. I have not been eating processed foods. I even stopped eating fruit (for the time being) to clear out any sugars. I never use artificial sweeteners of any kind. My symptoms started to improve. When reported this to the neurologist on my follow-up visit he said "well, it's not that so you can go back to eating that stuff." Guess what? I don't think I can go back to eating whatever I want. I still have symtoms (symptoms) but not as bad. I started treating myself with a candida formula, caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract, very strong probiotics, digestive enzymes and more - all things you can buy at a health food store or online. Within a few days I had a "die-off" reaction; I don't think you get those if you don't have abundant yeast in your system. I'm not totally well, but it has been helping. If you have any sensitivity to wheat, grains, sugar... it will help. I have not tested positive for any of these allergies but apparently my body knows something the labs and doctors don't know. The proof is in the pudding - pun intended!

My neck MRI did not come back as clean as the other tests. I have bulging discs, neural foraminal stenosis, bone spurs.... all the same stuff everyone here is talking about. I am going to start physical therapy this week to help that but I must say that if you have any inflammation in your body from your diet...that is something you can take charge of yourself to effect some positive results. I am fighting any drug use at all (except for the occasional advil to keep inflammation down). All those drugs screw up your liver, kidneys, stomach, etc. Ask your naturopath to test you for yeast overgrowth. I didn't want to wait another month to get in to see the naturopath. I just self-diagnosed b/c I am not very trusting of traditional doctors at this point. After all, they are just practicing medicine...they don't always know, obviously, or we wouldn't all be on this site venting about this stuff!

I too have so many of these problems. I was just diagnosed with herniated disks (2)/stenosis/bone spur in my neck, I get numbness and tingling down my arms. I have suffered from vertigo, severe vertigo for years. I am on the FULL attack of SELF HEALING!!! I had 4 different diagnosis's from doctors....I'm heading down my own path for now. Docs stress me out more than my problems.
This is what I do.
I sit straight, and NEVER slouch anymore. Correct posture has relieved the numbness already.
I drink up to 12 glasses of water a day. The discs in the spine need water to stay gel-like (google it). I never miss a day, 12 cups. Then I drink only healthy drinks and not much like fruit juices. A drink 1 or 2 cups of decaf but with a lot of soy milk.
I went VEGAN. I eat mostly veggies and nuts. A little fruit in season. Meat and dairy has a lot of antibiotics and growth hormones, the animals are fed terrible foods. I read up on it and it made me sick. It's all online if you'd like to read up. I really believed those products were poisoning me. And sugar!! It's OUT! I've lost around 25 pounds and feel great from the dietary change.
I eat NO grains. My neck/vertigo/general dizziness/numbness ALL get worse when I eat any grain!!! Even my neck seems to tighten when I eat grains.
I am learning small exersices that help push the discs back in.
I am going to get deep tissue massages.
And will get routine acupuntcture.
I surf and will limit my time in the water and stay in small easy waves. No more jarring sports like mountain biking or jogging. I'll hike easy gentle places.
I meditate to relieve stress.
I'm finally learning to squat instead of bend to pick things up and plan on using a dolly with a box on it to get my groceries from my car to the house.
I'm 50 and do believe perimenopause has a lot to do with this. Time to change my ways once again.
All my love and care goes out to all of us struggling to understand these things and help ourselves heal. <3 :)
Hello yogamommy! I was just diagnosed with a bulging disc c5/c6. I have all the same symptoms you have. Sinuses, twitching right eye, numb arms & fingers when I wake up. I have been on hydrocodone for about 4 years, since my son was born. I'm so sick of the medications. Now I am about to see a doctor in my area for treatment. What are the most effective natural methods you have found that work best for you? I am terrified they will tell me I need surgery. ***@****
Dear All,

This is Ramesh Kumar from India. 33 Years, Male.

Working as Export Manager in a Textile Company.

I was suffering from Back pain for the last 5-6 Years. Initially i didn't take it as serious ans i was also in Young age in my 20's and energetic. But now it becomes a serious issue and affects my Day to day work. So i got a MRI in February 2012 and got the following result in my MRI

Impression

No Evidence of discitis or osteomyuelitis changes

Bulging annulus seen at L4-L5 L5-S1 levels narrowing the spinal canal and slightly indenting the spinal canal.
Hip/SI Joints

No obvious demonstrable pathology in SI joints and Hip joints

Whole Spine

Broad based disc protrusion seen at C5-C6 C6-C7 Levels narrowing the spinal canal and slightly indenting the cord surface.

Is the above condition is called Spinal Subluxation (Vertebral Subluxation) ???? . If it is Subluxation then is it possible my thyroid is to be affected. Recently Checked my thyroid also and my Physician told that my thyroid levels are normal.Below is the Thyroid results

Total Triiodothyronine T3 - 94 ng/dl Reference range - 60 - 200
Total Thyroxine T4 - 7.3 mug/dl Reference range - 4.5 - 12
Throid Stimulating Hormone - 2.87 muiu/ml Reference range - 0.30 - 5.5

I am facing severe hair fall for the last 4 years and also severe right side body pain from the scalp to the leg. (Right Jaws, Right Shoulder, Right Teeth, Right hand, Right Leg etc...) Also My right Side scalp hair is falling a lot than left. My life becoming miserable and i am unable to concentrate in my career and family.

In 2004 I was also suffered from Tuberculosis. Could you please confirm if Tuberculosis can cause this spinal subluxation. I don't remember I met with any major accident other than small like falling down while playing, or travelling in bike etc...

I now think this problem should have been started minimum 8 years ago.

Is there any possibilities to cure this completely. If it is cured will my hair regrow and my pain will be stopped.

Hope somebody can put light on this matter.

Awaiting to hear from you soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh Kumar
Tamil nadu
India
+ 91 77080 03474
I hate to say this, but you really need to re investigate Lyme Disease.  It took me over a year to get a diagnosis.  I had many of the symptoms you have.  Go to Lymenet.org   Hope things are better.  
Just a note to tell you that you are not alone. I am an active 38 year old mother of three boys who did damage to my neck water skiing ... I was trying to find relief from symptoms by reading your posts

All my MRIs - even those with contrast - came back normal the only possible problem is very slight bulging of c5. But I have pain in my ears - pain in my left shoulder - a humming or buzzing internally - and vibrations in my arms and legs when I do supervised physical therapy but only in certain positions. My neurosurgeon has told me nine months of gentle therapy should see major improvements. My neurologist just wants to give me panic attack medication but I have refused because I know it is a physical ailment as pulling in my chin and correcting my posture can induce almost immediate relief

Just a point about girls night out - are you wearing heels?  I have had a few formal functions and have felt horrific afterwards and realized my real heels are putting me out of balance. I avoid them now but hopefully in a year I will be able to wear them again
Hello there
Every single word u said are happening with me and i am affraid from ms from about 2 weeks i hate night and i hate sleeping cause its scary somehow my 5 doctors  2 pf them said i need surgery in my c5 c6  and 2 said no but i am feeling worse day after day and some of my friends told me sure these symptoms are from the disk c5 c6 but my concentration was on ms because  of whole body spasms
What is different from u in my case is that i lnew about my disk in c5 c6 before all these symptoms because of litle weaknes in my left arm after that my doctor made mri for me and it showed c5 c6 injury.  I am so happy to know that someone is feeling like me but now i think its from the injury.
I'm not sure if anyone checks this post anymore, but here's my story just in case:

I started having all the same problems on and off about ten years ago. I never told ANYONE, not even my husband. I thought everyone would think I was crazy and I wasn't even sure how to describe my symptoms. For some reason, I went through a long period when I only had the neck pain and no other symptoms, but then everything came back with a vengeance.

I finally decided to see a doctor. I've been diagnosed with Meniere's  disease (an inner ear disorder) because I do have hearing loss in addition to the other problems and I had bulging discs c-5 & c-6. There's no real treatment for Meniere's, but my specialist put me on a high dose of prednisone for 6 weeks. It helped a lot, for a while. He also put me on a restricted sodium diet which I still follow. When I cheat, my symptoms all get worse.

I've also had surgery 4 years ago for my neck because I was losing the use of my left arm (I'm left handed.) I was a lot better after that for awhile too, even though I never regained total feeling in my left hand.

My symptoms have gotten bad again lately and my doc says he thinks I need neck surgery again. I'm not sure if I will or not because the pain is still very manageable.He also thinks there's a hormonal aspect to my problem (I just started menopause this year.) Very long story short, he says that the combination of Meniere's and nerve damage cause the symptoms and there's no cure, only treating the symptoms.

I've been prescribed diuretics and occasional alprazolam (to help with vertigo) and they both help, but again, not a cure. I do my best to do my part through diet, exercise and stretching. Sometimes I'm symptom free, sometimes I'm terrible, so I just stay in bed that day. The worst for me is the buzzing and twitching in my tongue, neck, throat and right side of my chest. It's worse than the pain to me because it's so distracting.

The most important thing for me is that I've been tested for all the scary diseases and causes and they've all been ruled out, so I know this isn't life threatening, it's just VERY annoying and inconvenient. I'll keep watching this blog to see if anyone finds a real answer. Just glad to know I'm not the only one and I'm NOT crazy!
I was searching for help on how to find a sleep position for my neck that will allow me to wake up well rested and without a headache. I have two things going on… was in a car accident 28 years ago and have an issue with C5 or C6…chiropractor says X-rays show an injury to one of them (I can't remember which); it will not get its natural curve back.  Second thing I have going on is I had Lyme and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.  They are spirochete bacteria from most likely a dear tic bite that I am unaware when happened. Your symptoms and others sound like spirochete related.  I say spirochete and not Lyme because there are soooo many co-infections with Lyme that I hope people will make sure to look for the host of other co-infections that the same tick may be carrying because they have different symptoms. My co-infection was RMSF (Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever). They attack any injury that you may already have or develop while sick.  I encourage you to get tested for spirochete bacteria. There's two options I'm aware of:  western medicine and alternative.  Upon much research, it seems to me that alternative medicine has the most success in curing Lyme etc. Western medicine needs to revamp the testing procedures for Lyme as they are not accurate once the spirochetes have moved into your tissues and out of the blood. More research on treating the bacteria is needed as well bc this bacteria is a super bug! Treatment is costly to your body and pocketbook and I don't think I have read any testimonials of those who have been cured from "chronic" Lyme like I do with alternative healing (they usually say they will never be healed and continue to deal with Lyme).  I also have found not all Alternative healing is created equal either.  After much prayer, God placed me with whom I think is the best out there.  So, I just say all this to share my experience.  You probably have a couple things going on here. Lastly, the research has found that many people are diagnosed with MS, Parkinson's, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, dementia, alzheimer's etc and these are just secondary to the Lyme spirochete infection which caused the disease. Not all, but enough to test for Lyme and its confections. I encourage you to start researching Lyme and its confections and get tested now because, if you have it, the damage needs to be stopped.  I am happy to help and offer my Dr. if you want to contact me, if you can through this site. Hope God leads you to wellness and healing.  God bless!
I have had all of these same symptoms since last year in March. I gave birth to my son in Feb of last year...and one month after I have been in complete agony! It started in my chest,I thought that I was dying,I have been to my primary doctor numerous times and he has pretty much refused to help me by saying "what do you want me to do..send you to a witch doctor?" which my fiance and I found very rude! I have been on my own ever since trying to find answers. I found a orthopedic doctor after going to a pulmonary doctor and getting my lungs and heart checked,all was fine. The orthopedic doctor done an MRI which showed a bulging disc C5,C6 and I have gotton 2 epidurals in my neck of steroids,the first shot helped and the second one did not,I am scheduled next week for a third one because this pain is so unbearable! I have been on many different medications NSAIDS mostly because the steroids have such bad reactions. I am now taking percocet & Robaxin which only relieve my pain for about 4 hours at a time.I am suffering with tiny bumps on my hands,they are starting to spread now & itch and I believe that its something related to my relentless pain in my shoulder blades and neck! They have come and gone for months now,I was reading above about yeast and I am thinking that may be a possibility because when I was reading about my hands yeast was brought up there also. I have also had lots of blood work,I requested to be checked for Lyme and I don't think that my doctor carried through on that. The only problems I had in my blood work was very high levels of inflammation. But all I want to know is...what is causing it? Please help anyone with any idea of what this could be,I have lost all quality of life,I have even quit going to church because the pain is so unbearable,I try not to leave home at all....unless I have to. I have been robbed of picking up my son and now he is 14 months old and I can hardly care for him while at home with him alone :( Please help!