Can a blow to the head cause
Can a blow to the head cause a Cerebellar Stroke two months later?  My mother was abused and beaten with a closed fist in the head about 2 months ago. Just a few days ago she suffered from a Cerebellar Stroke. Could the blows to the head she recieved 2 months ago cause the stroke?
I am very sorry to hear that. It is possible.  A stroke is basically a blood clot and while most often head trauma will cause a bleed and not a clot, depending on the head injury there could be a collapsed vessel or swelling causing blockage.  There is also a type of stoke called a emorrhagic stroke — occurs when a blood vessel leaks or bursts, which is much more likely to be caused by trauma but most likely right after the trauma, not months later.  Do you know the type of stroke it was? Cerebellar just refers to the location.    Best wishes.