Neurology Expert Forum
Can anyone help me to understand my MRI results????

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

After struggling with constant neck pain since an accident in 2002  I have finally been give an MRI and it's results are below... can anyone help me to understand the results and possibly give some feedback for treatments...PLEASE...Thanks in advance;)

There is a loss of the normal lordosis replaced by a kyphosis of the cervical spine with the apex at C4. The vertebral heights are well maintained. There is multi level disk desiccation.
At C3-4, there is a small posterior disk bulge compressing the thecal sac and the spinal cord. the neural foramina are patent. The spinal cord signal is normal at all levels.
At C4-5, there is a small posterior disk bulge which compresses the thecal sac and the spinal cord however the neural foramina are patent.
At C5-6, there is a small posterior disk bulge which compresses the thecal sac and the spinal cord and narrows  the neural foramen on the left minimally.
At C6-7 there is a small posterior disk bulge compressing the thecal sac and the spinal cord with minimal neural foraminal narrowing on the left.

Interpretation: Cervical kyphosis with multi-level degenerative disk changes with herniation as described above. minimal neural foraminal narrowing on the left at C5-6 and C6-7

What does all this mean??? Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks again!
Without reviewing your case and the MRI I cannot not make a diagnosis or recommend treatment options. The overall results of the MRI indicate degenerative changes in the cervical spine (neck). The cervical spine is made up of 7 vertebrae (bones) which are seperated by discs (gel like pads). The report states that the bones are essentially normal, but the discs have dried out slightly and have bulges. These bulges are pushing on the spinal cord, but no abnormality within the spinal cord was noted. The foramen are where the nerves leave the spinal canal to travel out to the body. I hope this explains some of the terms the doctor used.

Perhaps having an evaluation at an academic spine center would help. They can evaluate your case and make recommendations for medical or surgical therapy. Good luck.
I have very similiar problem as you.  I have torn, leaking, buldged (every doctor has a different adjective) in 4 of the disk in my cervical spine.  This causes me severe headaches and pain in my neck shoulders, arms, wrists, hands and down my back.  I have been getting treatment for over 3 years now for it.  Basically was told because it is 3 levels they cannot fuse the disks or they will most likely blow out the disks above and below it.  Maybe artificial disks when they become available.  You should see a nueroligist and a pain management doctor imo.  There are several more detailed test that can show exactly how bad the damage is such as disk-o-gram and nerve studies etc. Just because it says minimal bulging doesn't mean the pain in minimal.  I hope you can get some relief from your pain.