Neurology Community
Can brain aneurysm heal before CT scan?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Can brain aneurysm heal before CT scan?

Started feeling weird back in December, had my CT scan in mid April. Is there anyway that a brain aneurysm coul heal itself in the time from December to April and therefore the effects and the aneurysm itself not be detected? Im concerned that the aneurysm might have happened and healed before the test, resulting in the non detection of the bleeding, or the damage that could have happened.
Aneursyms are a weak spot in the blood vessel that cause it to balloon out. It can rupture and bleed. They can't repair themselves, so it couldn't be an aneursym. Must have been caused by something else.
No aneurysm can heal itself, so the effects would def have shown on the ct even though it was some 5 months later?
Just came across this post and I have to say from experience I'll have to disagree with the above comments ( yes i know this is an old post but I came looking for info so maybe someone else will too) anyway, my Fiancee recently had an aneurysm that not only did they have a tremendously hard time locating but once they found the aneurysm they could not repair it ( after trying several different occasions) when they went in to do the repair they found the aneurysm had closed itself. Now with that being said this is a very very rare occurrence the only explanation that the Dr.'s can come up with is that this could be due to his sickle cell anemia so the SCA itself clotted the aneurysm and stopped the bleed. Hope all that makes sense.
Wow that is great news! I am diagnosed with two small 2mm and 3mm aneurysms in the brain now they want a follow up before they decide on endovascular treatment. I hope same will happen to mine that they close themselves so I dont have to go under the treatment. How big was the aneurysm and exact location? Thanks....
You all don't know me .   I had 3 aneurysms on my brain.  Under care at Cleveland clinic. Doctors told me aneurysms do two things.   They get larger and they ruoture .   They do not heal themselves.  My god and I beg to differ.  I am aneurysm free as of Oct 1st.  They were brought on by endocarditis.  So please no comments as to they were never really there .cuz they were I had bleeding and strokes as consequence.  
God is good all the time!!