Neurology Community
Can nerve damage happen after hip replacement?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can nerve damage happen after hip replacement?

After numerous (3) years with hip pain, and had been told that is was my bursitis, I had given up.  In 2007, in June the pain was so bad that I was being rolled out to my car in my work chair because I could not stand up right. I went to emergency and expained that I could not stand up right and support my body. Of course, I was asked if I had fallen or had gotten hit in that area or was in a car accident.  I told them no I just could not stand up and the pain was trouble. I was sent to get xrays and to MY SUPRISE) I had no broken bones and nothing was out of place.  Rely!  I went to my primary doctor and 2 to 3 month on different pain meds nothing work. Do you think! Finally my doctor order an MRI and to see an orthopidic. That was my salvation. So I thought. I had Avascular Necrousis. (not sure if the spelling is correct sorry). I have good insurance so I was well on my way to numerous surgeries and to a new life of pain. Starting with core decompression in each hip (about 8 to 9 months apart) then hip collapsed went right to hip replacement. At first surgery it was great and I was standing and walking with limitaions. Make athe store short I have had both hips replace My last full hip replacement in July 2009.  I have been suffering with pain in my (muscles) and spasms, toe cramping. Now I have been with a neorologist which has helped me understand better of what is going on.  You do get very discouraged but just need to ask and get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th if needed.  Damage will occur that is the truth, need faith and you will get better.