Neurology Community
Cant get a deep breathe, stomach tensing up

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am 28 years old. I do smoke. I have been experiencing a struggle to get a deep breath. Seems to be accompanied with stomach muscle tension and mild back pain. I also noticed that when I rub the upper back part of my left arm, I get a tingling feeling in my left pinkie/palm area. Is any of this related? Is it just stress, or something problematic.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Shortness of breath could be attributed to a variety of issues such as heart or lung conditions such as asthma, pneumonia, heart conditions,  Most often, asthma, COPD, heart dysfunction and a lot of
Interstitial lung disease. The muscles in the stomach may be caused by strain or compensating for the shortness of breath.  If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.