Neurology Community
Cause of facial numbness/tingling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Cause of facial numbness/tingling

I am a 29 year old female with no major health conditions.  One week ago today I started experiencing a typical head cold.  I was seen by my family doctor on Monday.  She prescriped Cipro.  On Tuesday I noticed my upper lip was a little numb, but only on the right side.  I stopped the Cipro immediately.  On Wednesday the tingling/numbness was much more intense in my upper lip area.  Throughout the day it spread up to my nose and all the way to my bottom eyelid, but only on the right side.  It is a very annoying sensation that is effecting my sleep and normal daily habits.  The doctor mentioned to me that it could be Bell's Palsy, but I am showing no signs of muscle weakness.  There is no drooping at this point.  The numbness is only affecting my lip, upper lip, side of nose and up to my bottom eyelid only on the right side.  My doctor gave me some predisone to help with any inflammation that may be causing the numbness.  I feel like I have no idea what is going on with my face and I am not sure if my doctor does either.  I don't have any symptoms of Bell's Palsy, except for the numbness/tingling sensation.  What should I do?