Neurology Expert Forum
Cavernous Anginoma/Brain Tumor
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cavernous Anginoma/Brain Tumor

I am 35 years old and recently had a grand maul seizure.  That day I had what I would consider a very bad day.  I had many "day ja vue" feelings, nausea with vomiting, a migraine, and just did not feel well at all.  I had the seizure, from what I'm told, some time around midnight.  The last thing I remember is getting sick around 7 p.m. and going to bed.  I woke up in the hospital, asking for my husband.  I vaguely remember that entire weekend and since that time, have had memory lapses - mostly short term.  I had an EEG which was normal, and 3 MRIs.  The first was a basic MRI, the second I was injected with a dye to show the flow of blood, left and then was called and asked to return later that day for a "special MRI".  The 2nd MRI showed a tumor on my right lobe.  The 3rd showed a cavernous anginoma on my right lobe, which my doctor advised that he was assuming was the correct diagnosis.  I do not like the word "assuming" when it comes to ones health.

My question is this:  I have had migraines for as long as I can remember - since childhood.  I have been active my entire life - no other complications healthwise concerning something of this magnitude.  Why is it that all of a sudden this happened.  I realize that you cannot answer a question with viewing the medical records or the MRIs; however, which would be your best conclusion - tumor or canverous anginoma?