Neurology Community
Cerebellum pain?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Cerebellum pain?

I have no idea where to put this, so pardon me if it's in the wrong space.

I know next to nothing about anatomy, let alone the brain and it's neighbors. I just recently have been looking up where exactly the pain is located and what the places are called.

Bear with me, please.

Anyway - For years I've been having pains similar to a migraine in the indent of my neck where the cerebellum is located. (The posterior fossa?) When these "attacks" occur, the two lump type areas (which I believe is the cerebellum) on each side of the indent is swollen and painful. When it gets bad enough it gets hard to swallow and my glands and throat become slightly swollen. The pain will radiate throughout the back of my head and move to the entire head and also radiate down my neck. I can't hold my head up, I have to lay down. They can last anywhere from 20 minutes to hours and reoccur for days on end. I have noticed that taking Excedrin helps the situation and can sometimes fully subside these attacks. They are random as far as I know, some years are better than others. I haven't had an attack in a year, maybe a little bit more and now I have had them reoccur for 2 days.

My question is, is there a diagnose for this and could this pertain to something more serious? It's hard finding a doctor that takes my insurance (state insurance) and when you do they can't speak English and have no idea what they doing. (I had one tell me I was having PMS when a month later it was found out I was pregnant. Nice, huh?) So before I go on a hunt for doctors I'd like to make sure this is either something serious or normal that can happen and be continue to be taken care of with OTC meds.

I hope everyone could follow me and someone can recognize these symptoms.

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance.