Neurology Community
Cervical Degenerative disk disease & Ear ringing & vertigo?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had degenerative disk disease in my cervical and lumbar spine for about 7 years, including chronic pain.  MRIs confirm stenosis in the spinal cord and the nerve branches off of the spine ( don't remember the technical name).  Gradually over the last 6 months I have developed severe ringing in my left ear and vertigo when I turn my head from side to side (more so to the left side).  I've looked up some research on "Acoustic Neuroma" and "Peripheral and Central Vertigo".  This causes some concern and I'd like to know what to ask / suggest (tests) to my Doctor to try to resolve this crazy making condition?

This discussion is related to Cervical disk nerve inpingement.