Neurology Community
Cervical Dystonia and Fatigue

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Cervical Dystonia and Fatigue

Greetings,

I was diagnosed with Anterior Cervical Dystonia within the last year.  I have noticed a tremendous amount of fatigue as well.  Is this common with Cervical Dystonia and what is the best way to deal with the fatigue?  [Note:  I have had two rounds of Botox shots but they have only helped slightly.  My guess is that I'll need a much higher dose next time.]

Thanks!

spage
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You can try few more shots and with rest your condition will improve. You should take advice from a neurosurgeon if after conservative treatment,  you do not have relief with your symptoms. Take care!
I too have alot of fatigue.  I have a two year old though so chasing after her, having to pick her up if she runs toward something dangerous.  I am in cosmetology school and I use my arms alot, lifting and such.  Anything that affects my senses too much will wear me out which leads to fatigue.  Once I take a pill sometimes the fatigue gets better.  Sometimes the fatigue gets worse from the medicine.  Loud t.v. commercials, flashes of light across windows, or on t.v. that normal stuff affects me and leads me to the fatigue that leads to muscle spams.  Just my experience that is.  We went to a fall festival with hundreds of people lots of loud music, noise..I was worn out and had to sleep for 3 hours and take extra medicine for the breakthrough spasm.  
I found out the fatigue was due to Klonopin, which affects the sleep cycle.  I am weaning off of it (with my doctor's help).

Thanks.