Neurology Expert Forum
Cervical Dystonia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cervical Dystonia

Hello,

I have just been diagnosed with Spasmodic Torticollis (Cervical Dystonia). These symptoms began immediately following a neck fusion and have increasingly worsened. My head is at a20 degree tilt to the right (going toward my shoulder) and my shoulder is elevated 20 degrees. The pain that I am in is actually much worse than before I had the neck fusion. Is it possible that the surgery caused this dystonia? The fusion was performed after a MRI showed mild narrowing of the central spinal canal and left neural foramen at the level of c4-c5 by disc facet complexes and minimal bulging of the discs at c3-c4 c5-c6.  My neuro said that surgery was immediately necessary because I could wake up paralyzed any day.  However, today I am much worse than before.  

I just received Botox injections, as all other medications have failed, but still take Vicodin twice daily and Valium 3 times per day.

I can only hope that these help, but have been told that I will have to have them every three months for the rest of my life. Is anyone familiar with this happening?

Please help.

Thank you,
Yana