Neurology Community
Cervical Fusion

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Cervical Fusion

I had a C1-C2 fusion in December of 2001 as a result of an auto accident.  It has been over 6 years and I still have pain, muscle spasms and stiffness. I too have tried the strong painkillers and muscle relaxers in an attempt to find relief.  The best pain medication I have found is Ultracet-a noncontrolled med that is a mix of Tramadol and Acetaminophen.  Unfortunately, I was advised not to have physical therapy and not to push my neck to regain movement.  

In addition to the pain, I have had mood issues and increasing hearing loss since my surgery.  Is this common with this type of fusion???

This discussion is related to Continued pain after anterior cervical fusion.