Cervical Stenosis
I had increasing weakness in my hands and dizziness (so bad unable to walk far without assistance). But I only have pain in my lower back. Had a MRI in April results are as follow: Multilevel degenerative disc disease seen throughout
the cervical spine resulting ing marked spinal stenosis at multiple levels and neural foraminal stenosis at multiple levels. Areas of increased T2 signal are seen within the cervical cord suggesting cord compression and probable myelomalacia.
Also had EMG done with muscle deteriation in both hands and arms but most prevalent in left hand. Pain radiating somethime in both legs.
The major question is at my age of 76, I have no major health problems but hypertension relieved by medications, would it be prudent to have surgery since there is no pain only the comtinues weakiness?