my dad is 55yrs old.he has pain in neck which radiates to shoulder from their to elbow of the left hand. he also find numbness in fingures .he was adviced to take a MRI CERVICAL SPINE.
the scan summary is as follows.plz suggest us what does the below report Indicate.
MRI CERVICAL SPINE
INDICATION : Pain in neck radiating to left upper limb.
TECHNIQUE : T1/T2 – Sag.
T1/T2 – Axial.
• Straightening of spine is seen.
• Alignment, height and signal intensity of vertebrae are normal. Superior end plate of D5 vertebral shows T1/T2 hyperintensity – Modic type 2 degeneration.
• Posterior osteophytes are seen from C3 to C6 vertebrae causing severe canal stenosis.
• C3-C4, C4-C5 & C5-C6 :Posterior disc osteophyte complex are seen causing thecal sac compression with no e/o narrowing of B/L neural foramina.
-Spinal cord compression is noted at C3/4 level.
• C6-C7 : Diffuse annular disc bulge with left far lateral posterior disc extrusion is seen causing thecal sac compression and narrowing of left neural foramina.
• Posterior elements & neural arches are normal.
• Pre & paravertebral soft tissues are normal.
• CV junction is normal.
• E/o patchy T2 hyperintensity seen in the cord at C3-C4 level s/o myelomalacia.
• Flaval ligament hypertrophy noted at upper dorsal level . No e/p canal compromise.
POSTERIOR DISC OSTEOPHYTE COMPLEX AT C3-C4 C4-C5 C5-C6 DISC CAUSING THECAL SAC COMPRESSION.
DIFFUSE ANNULAR DISC BULGE WITH LEFT LATERAL POSTERIOR DISC EXTRUSION AT C6-C7 DISC CAUSING NARROWING OF LEFT NEURAL FORAMINA.
CORD COMPRESSION AT C3/4 LEVEL CAUSING MYELOMALACIA CHANGES.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.