Chest twitching/popping help?
I've no idea where to post this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.
I'm 19 and healthy part from bad Anxiety problems and i get toones of Anxiety symptoms along with it.
For about 4 days now i've been experiencing something weird, the right upper part of my chest (the top of my breast) keeps twitching or popping, it's really distressing. I feels like i have bubbles popping under my skin or something crawling around. I don't have any other symptoms with it part from it triggers my Anxiety. I'm not sure if my Anxiety has caused it but i do know as soon as i feel anxious it comes which make's me feel like it's another Anxiety symptom. My Nan said it sounds like Benign Fasciculation Syndrome which can be caused by Anxiety apparently. It's so bizarre.
Any ideas what it could be? Anything serious? Or just Anxiety?
I'm getting scared now.
Xo.
The symptoms could be due to Anxiety as you have no other symptoms of BFS . Benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS) is a neurological disorder characterized by fasciculation (twitching) of various voluntary muscles in the body. The twitching can occur in any voluntary muscle group but is most common in the eyelids, arms, legs, and feet. Even the tongue may be affected. The twitching may be occasional or may go on nearly continuously. Any intentional movement of the involved muscle causes the fasciculations to cease immediately, but they may return once the muscle is at rest again. In addition to twitching, patients with BFS often experience pain, paraesthesia, generalized fatigue, exercise intolerance, globus sensation and/or muscle cramping.Another common feature of the disorder, when seen by physicians, is an increase in the patient's level of anxiety, especially health-related anxiety. Please consult a physician for the confirmation of diagnosis . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !
Are you sure those are muscle twitches ? Because your description of "bubbles popping under the skin" is not so typical, and they remind me more of subcutaneous emphysema than of fasciculations (muscle twitches). Are you a smoker ? Have you had any trouble breathing lately, or a recent chest trauma ? Is that the only place you are experiencing "twitches", or are there more ?
Nope i do not smoke what so ever. And no my breathing is fine and no recent chest trauma. The sensations have decreased quite alot over the past few days, probs because i'm relaxed and not stressed anymore, hardly noticed it. So i think it was muscle twitches.
I get this and I have anxiety