Neurology Community
Child who has inoperatible brain tumor
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Child who has inoperatible brain tumor

Hi there. I have concern for other children as well as my own. I guess it comes more now because I worry about my son too much and his health.  I am over protective.  Well anyway I have an old friend who has a small child the child is around 7 and he was diagnosed with a brain tumor on the brain stem.  They say where we live that it is inoperative that he is given 6 - 9 months to live, if that.  My question is why can't they operate on the brainstem? What about laser surgery? Isn't there anything? I know that Cleveland and other places are excellent in this field. They helped my dad and he is healthy again after being told at another hospital near us to go home and make funeral arrangements! Cleveland said his cancer was operatable but here they said no.  We are thankful we have our dad today!  

Anyway is there nothing that can be done on the brainstem? I really need to know.  I am wondering if there is somewhere they can go besides around here to get help in this.  They and everyone around them are praying for this child to get a miracle!