Neurology Community
Chin Twitching
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chin Twitching

Anyone have any ideas what causes chin twitching?  It started a few months ago, with several incidents throught the day.  It has increased to the point where it is almost continual.  When if first started, I felt it most of the twitches.  Now I only feel some, and some I don't feel.  Co-workers tell me I am twitching and I don't feel it.  Ocassionally it freezes in the dimple part of the twitch.  The twitching is one small place on my chin, about the size of a pea.  I have searched all over the internet and haven't been able to find anything about it.  So any information/insight would be greatly appreciated.  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Here are MY personal findings...

Rich greasy foods never...ever...fail to exaserbate the symptom within an hour or so. cheeseburgers, pizza and anything deep-fried. Especially butter, cheese and mayo - the absolute worst offenders.

Sticking with "fashion model" foods such as fresh raw veggies and grilled fish/fowl with only fat-free toppings (salsa, lemon and vinegarette instead of tartar sauce and bleu cheese dressing).

I've tried abstaining from coffee and adding potassium and B-vitamins to my daily regimen - absolutely NO help whatsoever!

Blank
my chin has been twitching for as long as i can remember. sometimes its really strong and i can feel it but a lot of the time i can't feel it and people just tell me. other people in my family have it too, including my brother and grandfather. i've been told it happens when you're really happy, excited, scared or upset, but i'm not if thats true or not...
other muscles in my body twitch sometimes too... its all very strange...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...