Choke out = brain damage?

I recently got choked out during a sparring session (brazilian jiu jitsu) and it was my first time. My partner said he let go of the choke pretty much as soon as my body went limp. Will this cause any significant brain damage? I don't feel dizzy or anything, but my parents are worried the effects may occur later on.

I don't know if this information will help but, basically my partner had his hand over my throat and pressed down on it. I suddenly blacked out for what seemed like a split second and I was lying on the floor. For some reason though, I momentarily forgot what I was doing and was day dreaming on the floor for about 2~3 seconds (I think?) and then I snapped back to reality. I feel fine but my parents think bjj may affect my studies and so I am curious as to whether being choked out like this really will affect my brain. Thanks!!