Neurology Community
Chronic Headaches, no energy, Can't think/Concentrate

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hi, I've been experiencing Chronic Headaches for some time now, but these headaches are worse when I have to think or concentrate on something, most of the time the headache is docile as long as I'm not doing anything but it's always faintly there. It hurts like hell as I'm trying to concentrate on what to write here...

Other symptoms inlucde, no energy/always tired, dizzy spells, fuzzy vision with occasional bright dots that appear out of nowhere,  occasional muscle spasms, very poor coordination, and the worse thing is that I don't feel like I'm fully 'there'. I don't feel fully awake/conscious. I feel like I'm a zombie in a dream, and all of these symptoms are gradually getting worse.

I have talked to so many MDs and neurologists, and none of them give me a possible reason for any of this. I have searched all over the net, I can't seem to find anything that describes what I'm going through, and the people I talk to about it are rude, inconsiderate and manipulative towards me. No one seems to want to help me figure out what is wrong with me.

Please help.
i'm a 35 year old male with basically the same condition,i'f it's not to much trouble if you find out what the problem is please let me know and i'll do the same for you.thank you for your time.
I have the same symptoms! I went to see a Dr. today and he is sending me to a neurologist asap. Hopefully someone will help us with some info or advice. Thanks..pattymac
OMG - I am sorry to hear about your symptoms but I am so relieved to find out that there are others out there with the same symptoms as me. This has been going on for nearly 2 years, 3 neurologists, numerous tests and hospital stays and still no definite answers.  They did find an abnormality on my MRI but they are just watching that to see what develops. Recently I started developing other symptoms such as an electrical shock and pins and needles feeling in the back of my head and legs. Sometimes between my head and my legs, I don't know what is worse.
The last neurologist I went to said they find several abnormalities on my physical exam but some they have never seen before so they can't come up with a diagnosis.
My family and co-workers want me to go to someplace like the Mayo Clinic or JOhns Hopkins, but I am so frustrated with feeling like this and going to doctor after doctor and test after test with no help....Let's all keep in touch and hope one of us can get to the bottom of this - good luck to you all and God Bless.
I've seen more docs since then, and they have all been quacks, of course, even the white ones I've been to. NOne of them seem to care.. and it appears that I have some type of migraine, but I have it 24/7. It's actually gotten worse now, and most of the time depending on how long I've been sitting down or standing up, I'll get really nauseating and just feel like dying. But it's never so bad to the point I can't move or anything, it's just really hard to get out of bed and do anything.

They tell me it's probably a bad migraine, but that's kinda something i already know, but none of them care enough to sit down with me and figure out what will work. They don't want to listen to me, even though I plead with them, so I've just given up trying, and started opium.

So now I'm a ******* druggie, thanks to the fraud that is the medical industry.
i'll post my other symptoms later... myhead is killing me, i have many to list....
hi i have had the same symptoms for a few years and noone can give me an anwer first i was told that it was stress next anxiety and Gerd and then when I lost my mother in September they told me it was depression I have been to counselors that label me as a bipolar. Doctors, neurologist and noone can tell me anything my head hurts all day, i am at the point that i can't work and my family and social life I don't have its at the point that i wish i was dead to stop my pain.  This pass Friday I had an mri done and I am waiting on my results.  I just want to know whats wrong?

Also I have had all kind of medicine that you wouldn't believe.
Has anyone suggested you be referred to the Infectious Disease part of the hospital?  I had viral meningitis and was left with really bad ongoing symptoms, simular to yours, but not the same. It is only a thought as they do so many blood tests and research to find out what causes problems. I hope this helps?
turns out i have something called CNS Vaculitis. I also have a SEVERELY deviated septum and that is also contributing to same symptoms.. and more... but right now I just must think the gods for bringing attention to the fact that I just have a bad heart.

He helped me get help from my friend who in turn put me through a hell of an epiphany to make me realize that i had to rush to the hospital to tell my mother that she has vasculitis. I just knew she had it before I was even diagnosed, actually neither of us are diagnosed yet. But I know that we have vasculitis.

Btw, Stop smoking. That goes to you.
Hey I just read your posts. I am glad you have found out what it is. It piqued my interest because I had the same symptoms. I found out I had sleep apnea. I got a CPAP machine and it has made a world of difference. I had a headache for about 2 years, felt tired ALL the time and all kinds of stuff. Once they found out what was wrong, they fixed me. Good Luck to you!!
Hello. I have suffered from migraines w/aura since 1999, when I had a traumatic brain injury which resulted in a vertebral dissection and subsequently a stroke.  I get swolen sinus, pins and needles in my face and neck, and a terrible headache which sometimes lasts severely for a couple of days and then lessens over the course of 4-5 days.  In the past, I have had low grade headache for weeks. I went to Hopkins, underwent a lot of tests, and they said that it was most likely MIGRAINE.   This was before a brain MRI showed the stroke, which led to an MRA that showed the artery dissection.  After that long trip from NC to Hopkins, the tests, etc....Then I come back home and get a brain MRI that shows a stroke!  Of course, there are migraines associated with it, obviously. I am merely disheartened that a hospital like Hopkins did not discover the stroke, etc...

I see a neurologist every 4-6 months, have for years now, and I'm on aspirin as well as hydrocodone 7.5 APAP, and Cymbalta.  I have been told that migraine can cause a person to feel as if they have a sinus problem.  The head gets inflamed and then affects the sinus or it can go the other way also, a sinus inflammation that causes a migraine to start.

I've found that it is necessary to take charge of ones health care.  I ae deteriorated over the past few years, and having acquired nystagmus (shaking eyes) from the head injury has developed into Oscillopsia. Oscillopsia causes dizziness, visual distortion (comes and goes) and sometimes vertigo.  

There's a test called an ENG that can distinguish where visual and balance problems are originating from.  It could be the eyes, vestibular functions between the ears, eyes, and arteries or their branches.  This test can differentiate whether the problem is originating from the brain or in the vestibular area.

Hope this helps.
I have many of the same symptoms. I have been seeing a neurologist and he is running me thru a number of tests to see if I could have ms. Has your doctor discussed ms with you?
Hi awry, i've had many of the symptoms that you listed in your first post. I always have a lingering headache that worsens when trying to concentrate, i always feel tired even when ive had a god nights rest, i have also had occasional muscle spasms and twitches, but my coordination is great. My PCP refferd me to a neurologist and they diagnosed me with narcolepsy, which is a sleeping disorder. They recently found out that i've been having seizures. I don't really know if this information will help you but i hope it does.

Coby
Hi there. it is long time , I have head ache mostly after lunch , and get tired very quickly . I drink a redbull every morning , I know it is injurious , but if I dont drink it , I cant work.
Please guide me what to do.

Regards
Rohit