Chronic Small Vessel Ischemia
I was just received MRI results indicating Chronic Small Vessel Ischemia after episodes of occasional vaque throbbing sensations in head.  Dr. followup visit next week. Hx. Hypertension on meds for same  55 y.o. male What should I expect, is there relief or treatment options for this?

How are you?
Chronic small vessel ischemic disease of brain indicates that you have increased chances of suffering from a cerebral ischemic stroke.
Ischemic stroke occurs due to blockade of cerebral blood vessels with a blood clot.
Please make sure your BP is within normal limits with medications. Do regular exercise to keep your body weight in control. Other risk factors like smoking, chronic alcoholism, and high cholesterol also need to be controlled if present.
The doctor may advise you take low dose aspirin and plavix to prevent the formation of thrombus at the site of the blood clot.
Take care!
MRI should that my aunt has mild ethmoid and maxillary sinus disease, what's it?  also, showed in this MRI, Moderate periventricular and subcortical white matter diseas is demonstrated.  What's that ? can you explian, what does it do?
My husband has anoxic encephalopathy, and secondary seizure disorder.  He also has been diagnosed with chronic small vessel ischemia.  What is the prognosis and treatment for all of these?  Do you believe that mental rehabilation will continue to help his short term memory?